Neptune Apex EL. Aprox 1 year old.
Second EB8
Trident
Display
pH probe
Temp probe

the controller is hooked up via WiFi.
Literally zero problems before today.

I unplugged my temp probe and when I plugged it back in, the temp read 20.6 F. Obviously this isn’t correct. So I tried all the normal fixes IE: making sure the plug was set properly, soft reset, etc etc.

Nothing worked. I also noticed the log wasn’t recording new data on the app. - it was at least 1/2 hour behind and not recording new data for temp nor pH

I tried a regular reset and I unplugged the Apex from the outlet. Temp is back to normal, but now, nothing is “on”. Every outlet is in the “off” setting.

It was set to “auto”. But none of the outlets were on.
I manually set all outlets to “on” and then closed the app. Sometimes this has worked in the past to fix an outlet stuck in the wrong setting.

My software is up to date.
Anyone else have this issue? What was the fix?

OP
OP
E.intheC

E.intheC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also. Of course, the local stores are all closed and Neptune support isn’t open until tomorrow

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sounds like it may not be communicating with Fusion, so the App cannot control it.

Try connecting to the Apex Local dashboard with a regular web browser to see if it responds normally. http://apex.local (or whatever hostname your Apex is configured for). If you know your Apex IP address, you can also use that. Example: http://192.168.0.20.

The local username and password is not the same as your Fusion account. If you haven't changed it, the default is:

User: admin
Pass: 1234

OP
OP
E.intheC

E.intheC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, meant to add:
When I reopened the app, all the outlets were set to “off” even though I manually set them to “on” previously.

OP
OP
E.intheC

E.intheC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the local path via laptop and same thing: log hasn’t updated since 4:50pm and every outlet is “off”. I just tried switching outlets to “auto”... still reading “off” but I’ll give it a minute.

Also it says “apex fusion: OK”. My two bulb T5 light and skimmer are both on, even though the control says off....

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look at the list of Modules, do all of them show a green checkmark under the Status column, or are any shown in red?

Swanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email Neptune support to get a ticket created. When I needed help recently, they responded to me late in the evening on a Sunday. No guarantees but you could get a quick response.

OP
OP
E.intheC

E.intheC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All modules except for the display have a green check mark. The display is red, but I just updated the firmware

obaptista

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So long shot. If all the outlets are set on the local dashboard to default OFF, the BAR may be having trouble communicating with Brain and defaulting to OFF. Check your aquabus cable and if it looks ok switch it to another aquabus outlet on both.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 56 80.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back