Neptune Apex Jr Module Limits

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey! I'd like some clarification on the Apex Jr... I've searched here, Google, and the Neptune forums.

I heard somewhere there's a maximum module limit of 5. But then I saw somewhere else that the limit is 7. As I understand it, a module is what plugs in using the AquaBus cables.

Currently I have the Jr with an ATK, and a DOS for auto water changes (so 2 modules). I'll for sure be adding the MXM module when that's released. I'd like to add another DOS for dosing calcium/dKH (All-4-Reef is my current plan) and phyto. That makes 4 modules. Plus I want to do 2 AFSs. Eventually I may do the PM2 for salinity, and an EB832. That's 8 modules. It would be nice to have another FMM for additional leak sensors and water level sensors.

So is the limit 5 or 7? Or more? I need to figure out whether I will be ok to keep my Jr, or if I'll need to upgrade to its big brother! :)

Thanks!

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try to reach out to Neptune? I remember using an Apex Nepture model the first time, having a question, and they were accommodating.

RussM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The old Apex Jr (black case with 4 outlets built in) has a limit of 7 modules, but a display module does not count against that limit.

You cannot use a EB832, Trident, Sky, or MXM on any Apex Classic model, AKA A1 Apexes; they require the A2 or A3 series of Apex.

OP
OP
dangles

dangles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The old Apex Jr (black case with 4 outlets built in) has a limit of 7 modules, but a display module does not count against that limit.

You cannot use a EB832, Trident, Sky, or MXM on any Apex Classic model, AKA A1 Apexes; they require the A2 or A3 series of Apex.
Thanks. I should have clarified… I have the newest version (A3). Does it also have a max of 7?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back