Neptune Apex - long connection

  • Thread starter Thread starter adamsfour
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

adamsfour

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 26, 2019
Messages
284
Reaction score
122
Location
Leesburg
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Neptune Apex running on my tank. About 50 feet away I have a RO/DI system making water. Would love to connect either an optical sensor or Level indicator to my fresh water container (100 gallons). One idea was to purchase a another FMM module and run a long 100 foot 1Link cable. That seems like an expensive option as I would have to purchase another FMM module. Has any one tried to extend the optical sensor cable or Level indicator cable. Or have another ideal.
 
This would require another FMM module which is not cheap.
 
I suspect the optical sensor is a low voltage signal, a long extension could be problematic.

What are you sensing in container full or empty?

Are there no other control functions like ATO pump or DIRO shutoff solenoid that might justify an APEX connection/module at the DIRO? Might be a good excuse to look into a mixing station and auto water change setup :)
 
Nothing really needed. I am guessing you are right about sensor over a long distance
 
If you have the Break Out Box you could use a float switch. That's just a dry contact, you could extend it almost indefinitely.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new