Neptune Apex - long connection

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Neptune Apex running on my tank. About 50 feet away I have a RO/DI system making water. Would love to connect either an optical sensor or Level indicator to my fresh water container (100 gallons). One idea was to purchase a another FMM module and run a long 100 foot 1Link cable. That seems like an expensive option as I would have to purchase another FMM module. Has any one tried to extend the optical sensor cable or Level indicator cable. Or have another ideal.

All_talk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect the optical sensor is a low voltage signal, a long extension could be problematic.

What are you sensing in container full or empty?

Are there no other control functions like ATO pump or DIRO shutoff solenoid that might justify an APEX connection/module at the DIRO? Might be a good excuse to look into a mixing station and auto water change setup :)

OP
OP
A

adamsfour

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing really needed. I am guessing you are right about sensor over a long distance

All_talk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the Break Out Box you could use a float switch. That's just a dry contact, you could extend it almost indefinitely.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 73.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back