Neptune Apex

Krawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it me or does this thing lose connection more than it is connected rendering the tank controls us less! Not to mention it happens at all the wrong times to. Doing a water change and it loses connection. So I can turn on my return pumps, wave makers or turn off the skimmer. Have to bypass it. So far this has been the biggest waste of money since the begging out our tank build. Is it just Me?

-Krawl

ryboy707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it me or does this thing lose connection more than it is connected rendering the tank controls us less! Not to mention it happens at all the wrong times to. Doing a water change and it loses connection. So I can turn on my return pumps, wave makers or turn off the skimmer. Have to bypass it. So far this has been the biggest waste of money since the begging out our tank build. Is it just Me?

-Krawl
Oh no!!! I'm on the verge of buying an Apex because I thought all the connectivity issues of the 2016 Apex had been dealt with. I was going to go with the p4 because of this issue but really want to go Apex. Now I'm not so sure

OP
OP
K

Krawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I know where one might be for sale! Two days ago it did it when I was reading coral. Tonight, water change/tank mantince. Lights on, refuge lights on. Can' turn skimmer off or turn on wave pumps or return pumps. Keep trying to reset it on my phone and nothing. Tried unplugging and replugging main control unit power... and nothing.

-Krawl

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might be a wifi issue. My apex never loses connection. Is it far from your router? Assuming that you are not connected directly to it. You can see what the signal strength is in the apex menu.

recess62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol I know where one might be for sale! Two days ago it did it when I was reading coral. Tonight, water change/tank mantince. Lights on, refuge lights on. Can' turn skimmer off or turn on wave pumps or return pumps. Keep trying to reset it on my phone and nothing. Tried unplugging and replugging main control unit power... and nothing.

-Krawl

Contact Neptune support. They will get you straightened out. Please keep it in mind that these are very complex devices. Give support a chance. I had a similar issue. It turned out to be a hardware issue. Had a new one the next day

OP
OP
K

Krawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Apex open this late and anyone know a number?

It contacted for a brief second and I was able to turn on return pump and the waves but on the menu the was show they are off. Refuge light is off but shows on. And now skimmer is off... No it lost connection again.

Been on our main tank for a year. Wi-Fi in the house is fine. On it now and all other devices are working. Just frustrating knowing what it cost and what we have in our tank and have no co from over it.

-Krawl

Mal11224

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It contacted for a brief second and I was able to turn on return pump and the waves but on the menu the was show they are off. Refuge light is off but shows on. And now skimmer is off... No it lost connection again.

Been on our main tank for a year. Wi-Fi in the house is fine. On it now and all other devices are working. Just frustrating knowing what it cost and what we have in our tank and have no co from over it.

-Krawl
As Recess mentioned.... should definitely get it replaced. I think it is a good product and definitely pricey but it has saved me from disaster many times. Found this info for customer service.
408-779-4090, M-F, 9 am – 5 pm Pacific Standard Time.

OP
OP
K

Krawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pacific... what if guessed they are closed. Messing with it for over a hour inhale all the main life support items running. Just hope it works through the night till tomorrow after work. I still can' turn on or off anything from the dashboard and I am not getting the disconnected issue right now but still no real control over the system.

-Krawl

rpeters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had same issues, switch to weird connection and no issues since. Unless you are streaming or running a VPN connections you likely wouldn't notice any connection issues with stuff that will cause it to reflect losing connection. I had my provider out and tons of unrepairable packet errors that were causing it via wifi

ryboy707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had same issues, switch to weird connection and no issues since. Unless you are streaming or running a VPN connections you likely wouldn't notice any connection issues with stuff that will cause it to reflect losing connection. I had my provider out and tons of unrepairable packet errors that were causing it via wifi
Streaming? Will streaming Netflix or anything affect my connection with an apex?

Wiskey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would contact support for sure, my connection is rock solid, the only time mine disconnects is when I have an issue of some kind. Like power outage, or internet outage.

Whiskey

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apex occasionally loses contact with the world, but retains connectivity locally. Only affects the ability to see it through fusion if I'm away, does not affect operation of the unit. I do have mine hard wired though.

willtheld

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Email is always the quickest way to get ahold of Neptune. I’m running a 2016 and don’t have any issues with connection. I have mine running on a wired connection.

The Neptune guys are good and will get you sorted out. You just need to give them a chance. In the mean time, As long as you set up your programming right with failsafes, the connection to fusion shouldn’t affect the systems ability to keep life support running autonomously 24/7

kswan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had constant connection issues over WiFi. The Apex would disconnect and the only way to reestablish a connection was to reset. I finally moved my router to allow a wired connection. Since then everything has been great. I'm not sure why the Apex had trouble while everything else with WiFi worked fine.

Dom274

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

-Krawl

I promise you, the issue is with your internal network/wifi. Take a laptop (Or another device that measures signal strength) and put it next to your apex. Just because other devices in the house work, doesn't mean that the wifi isn't to blame. Wifi is absolute witchcraft. It can work perfect in one spot, and be garbage 2ft to the left due to something stupid like the lighting in the room (Wifi really doesn't like florescent lights, or really any kind of high voltage circuitry). Honestly, with the kind of lighting the people commonly use on their tanks, I'm surprised any wifi works nearby. Worst case scenario, run a temporary wired connection and see if the issue stops. That will at least answer the question...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back