Neptune Apex

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Thanks for the tip on how to backup the configuration. I responded on the link regarding the proper login, but you've saved me some time cut/pasting into a Word document every time I make changes.

KMSReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are still having connection issues and have a dual bandwidth router, spend some time trying different channels and frequencies. I had major connection issues when I first set up my apex 2016 but found out there was interference on some channels from other devices (tv, phone, computer, etc). After I switched to a channel/frequency combination without any interference I haven't had any connection issues. In my case a static IP address did not make any difference.

OP
OP
K

Krawl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have a email for Apex? Still have not had a chance to call and still having horrible connection issues. That and being connected and nothing works or it takes 3-5 ministers for somwthing to turn on or off. Quite frustrating. Especially when. You guys are all talking static IP and channels. I have no clue. All I know it it worked for a while and now it don't. I have not changed anything or moved anything.

-Krawl

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never contacted them so no email, but I'm sure you can find the tech support details on their website. For your horrible connection issues: If you're running wifi and have poor connection to the apex b/c of maybe distance from your wifi router.. that's your first problem. With the weak signal the wifi would connect and disconnect etc. This repeated over time causes the IP address that is automatically assigned by your network to change and reissue a new IP address. This is where the problem lies for some people. This constant reissue of new IP may be the problem. In human speak it's like this: Hey Apex, you're #3823. Now you're $#23432, Now you're #5422. By telling your network to assign the name IP number every time it doesn't get confused and connect stays. I googled and found this:

https://forum.neptunesystems.com/showthread.php?21374-static-ip-address-preferred

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back