Save your Configuration

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night while performing a large water change, I lost all of my outlets on Apex Fusion. All of the modules maintained the original addressing. However, I lost all of my programming. This was not a pleasant experience and one that will take me several additional hours this weekend to restore. Thankfully I was able to reach Neptune customer support a few minutes before closing time. Paul was kind enough to stay past closing time long enough to help me get my outlets back online. I had lost all power to my outlets for over an hour. Further complicating things was the fact that once the outlets are brought back online they switch to their default state ON/OFF depending on the outlet. Therefore I had to go around and unplug dozens of outlets and then plug them in one by one as I reset everything.

I'm not sure they know exactly what happened as it didn't seem to be a common problem with Apex Fusion. However, I think it might have been an issue with the classic in the past. My latest software update was done in early January this year so the software was not more than one rev out of date to my knowledge. For some reason, I was under the impression that Apex Fusion automatically backed up the configuration since there is no option for it on Fusion. Well that is not the case. You must access your local dashboard which I haven't done in a long time since switching to Fusion. Here is a link on how to do this:

http://support.neptunesystems.com/s...17576-how-to-access-your-classic-dashboard-pc

Please note, you must be connected to your local home network that your Apex is connected to to access your local dashboard.

Once on you local dashboard, you will want to go to the "MISC" tab then "Save Configuration" button as shown below.

upload_2018-2-22_20-40-59.png

222.PNG

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I do this and click save configuration, it opens a new page up to IP/cgi-bin/filesave and asks me to authenticate again. But, my credentials don't work on this for some reason. Ideas?

OP
OP
Akersta

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you need to use "admin" and "1234" as username/password not your actual login information. I know I had this problem at some point.

OP
OP
Akersta

Akersta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using a computer directly connected to your home network that your Apex is connected to? You cannot access remotely from another location. That is the only thing else I can think of. Unless you changed the default login at some point...

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using a computer directly connected to your home network that your Apex is connected to? You cannot access remotely from another location. That is the only thing else I can think of. Unless you changed the default login at some point...
Dang ok

Saltyanimals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue. It wouldn't accept my login and I know it was correct since I used it to log in initially.

The login is 'admin' password is '1234' which is the default Apex and that worked. Strange that required the default login. Prob a bug.

BoomCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same issue. It wouldn't accept my login and I know it was correct since I used it to log in initially.

The login is 'admin' password is '1234' which is the default Apex and that worked. Strange that required the default login. Prob a bug.
Yep tried that no dice. Might have to contact apex support.

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone still get to the "classic" in any browser?
I have tried all the ways but my webpage will never load.
IDK... im stuck
Any ideas?

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
From the local Apex dashboard (not Fusion), has anyone had the following error when attempting to Save Apex Configuration (apexcfg.bin) ?

"apexcfg.bin
couldn't download - network issue"

I have previously downloaded the file from this hardwired computer, but am receiving this error today. Logged in as 'apex', '1234' and can navigate through the app with no issues. The Apex unit has never been hardwired, always wireless and is not experiencing any issues.

AOS5.11L_1D23
Date2023-01-24
Builddf2525f8

Thought I'd check with the masses before contacting Neptune.

Thanks!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 27.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 42 82.4%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.9%
Back