Neptune Cor-15 pump in a reef octo 15a sump

NatureHold

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention, I just manually turn my skimmer off in the app when I turn my return pump off for maintence or feeding. There shouldn't be a time where your return pump should be off automatically other than feeding.
You can program it in feed mode as well.

OP
OP
Roytrolls247

Roytrolls247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention, I just manually turn my skimmer off in the app when I turn my return pump off for maintence or feeding. There shouldn't be a time where your return pump should be off automatically other than feeding.
You can program it in feed mode as well.
Gotcha when I get home I will try it again with a refreshed mind lol

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I do that in the pump "task manager"?
I was on a thread with @SuncrestReef on something similar. I wanted to have my Return Core pump turn off if either of my LDK switches closed (meaning water on the floor). Sadly, I never implemented it. More accurately I tried to but had to back off the change until I got it right.

On the bright side, when water hit the floor at 02:09 and starved the pump it shut down. I now have a little more encouragement to do it correctly this time.

Anyway, back to the point. You should definitely check out @SuncrestReef tutorials on the APEX system here on R2R. They doubled my fundamental understanding of what does what. Super helpful.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was on a thread with @SuncrestReef on something similar. I wanted to have my Return Core pump turn off if either of my LDK switches closed (meaning water on the floor). Sadly, I never implemented it. More accurately I tried to but had to back off the change until I got it right.

On the bright side, when water hit the floor at 02:09 and starved the pump it shut down. I now have a little more encouragement to do it correctly this time.

Anyway, back to the point. You should definitely check out @SuncrestReef tutorials on the APEX system here on R2R. They doubled my fundamental understanding of what does what. Super helpful.

For those interested, here's a link to all of my Apex articles & tutorials: https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/authors/suncrestreef.93940/

OP
OP
Roytrolls247

Roytrolls247

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pump sitting in the return chamber ( yes my sump is dirty I had a live rock in it before I bought my skimmer)

COR_15.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back