Neptune COR. Any new word???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Newb73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COR is still using China made motor blocks. Not saying China made motor is bad, but you get what you paid for. The price of COR is pretty competitive (I would say fantastic). In these price tag there are lots of choice. RO Various, Sicce, Vectra etc. The things that make COR stand out is it comes from Neptune and has more seamless integration (cool features) into APEX unit.

I waited COR for a year and half and I gave up. I recently changed my controller from APEX to GHL so there is less anticipation for COR on me. Jumped the bandwagon and went big on Abyzz A200. This pump is dead silent and it is surly from different league. German makes are tough to beat.
The original waveline and jaebo DC pumps were garbage.

Reef octoopus used the block from their early Diablo pumps from those manufacturers and had to replace a bunch of them under warranty at 9 to 11 months and had a lot of angry customers.

The vectra line has been nothing but customer complaints and isn't apex compatible.

The 2nd gen Reef octopus pumps fall into the "would recommend" category.

I have a long term test with a Reef Octopus 2500DC going 2.5 years having never been cleaned or serviced.....

I have no doubt that there is potential for bad things to happen with this first batch of COR pumps. There were some issues with 1sr gen WAVs to.

Be that as it may, Neptune has good customer service and has never let me down.

They fix it under warranty or split the cost with you for stuff thats just out if warranty or out of your control (like power surges from storms).

You cannot ask for more than that.

Be that as it may, there will be a buying frenzy on COR pumps and there will be a hoard of customers claiming the world has ended when their gen1s have the inevitable problems.

Given all that.....

I did not hesitate to pick up a pair of 3rd generation Varios 6 pumps for $206 each on black friday but i also will not hesitate im switching to Cor15s and moving my Varios pumps to other tanks and other duties when the time comes.

JLowder

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I gave up. Still disappointed Neptune hasn’t said a word about it as well. No reason to keep everybody in the dark.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already passed my buy date as well. Picked up a Fluval SP6 on BF that puts out more flow than I ever wanted, is quiet, and has a 3 year warranty. Wanted the COR, maybe in a couple of years.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 76 35.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 58 26.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 68 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.7%
Back