Any Neptune COR-15 experts available?

Kayceejake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
COR-15 on Fusion shows MISSING and can't figure out why. No lights on COR control. Wondering if my EB832 issue. Changed out spare COR-15, changed out spare COR-15 controller, changed Aquabus cable. Nothing. Any ideas?

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is fusion showing a module or device missing? I would delete it out and readd it. Should fix it.

OP
OP
K

Kayceejake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is fusion showing a module or device missing? I would delete it out and readd it. Should fix it.
Deleted and trying to add back. Get this:

COR​

Step 2 of 10
Select the output to which the COR was connected:
NameDevice ID

No outputs available.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Deleted and trying to add back. Get this:

COR​

Step 2 of 10
Select the output to which the COR was connected:
NameDevice ID

No outputs available.

Delete it. Reboot apex with Cor unplugged. Plug back in.

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a COR and it was the worst pump. Literally broke down every other day and I ended up with a sicce dc return pump.. I’ll never go back lol

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tried delete, reboot, plug back in. Nothing. No lights on control when plugged in. Wonder if I have two bad aquabus cables or bad EB832?
All your outlets work on the eb832? It’s possible the power supply inside it went bad. Post a picture of the back of your eb832.

OP
OP
K

Kayceejake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All your outlets work on the eb832? It’s possible the power supply inside it went bad. Post a picture of the back of your eb832.
All outlets are working on EB. COR-15 is not plugged into outlet. Only into on of the aquabus ports on side of EB832

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
All outlets are working on EB. COR-15 is not plugged into outlet. Only into on of the aquabus ports on side of EB832

You have it plugged into the 1link correct? Possible that the 1link is bad. I believe that runs off the same small power supply inside the eb832. That is why I want to see a picture. The newer EB832s shouldn't have those issues.

OP
OP
K

Kayceejake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have it plugged into the 1link correct? Possible that the 1link is bad. I believe that runs off the same small power supply inside the eb832. That is why I want to see a picture. The newer EB832s shouldn't have those issues.
Here is a picture of the back. I guess it may be possible that I have 2 bad cords?

IMG_3856.jpg

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here is a picture of the back. I guess it may be possible that I have 2 bad cords?

IMG_3856.jpg
The entire back. But that looks like an old version. Could be the psu inside.

Do you have multiple things plugged into the 1 link port?

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cor 15 uses the 1LINK port as noted above by Braaap. If you have another EB832 or 1LINK port open you could move it and see if it shows up. If so that will confirm the 1LINK being bad. I don't recall and may have missed it, sorry, but do you see any lights showing up on the driver itself?

Edit: Also to second what Braaap noted above do you have any other 1LINK devices that work? Could swap or try and rule out by process of elimination.

OP
OP
K

Kayceejake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The entire back. But that looks like an old version. Could be the psu inside.

Do you have multiple things plugged into the 1 link port?
I have three 1 link ports. Didn't work in any. Is there a reason all three would fail? If not, I must have two bad cords which would be incredible.

OP
OP
K

Kayceejake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cor 15 uses the 1LINK port as noted above by Braaap. If you have another EB832 or 1LINK port open you could move it and see if it shows up. If so that will confirm the 1LINK being bad. I don't recall and may have missed it, sorry, but do you see any lights showing up on the driver itself?

Edit: Also to second what Braaap noted above do you have any other 1LINK devices that work? Could swap or try and rule out by process of elimination.
Tried all three ports. No lights show up. Wonder if there is something internal that would cause all three to fail? If not, I must have two bad cords which seems crazy.

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Tried all three ports. No lights show up. Wonder if there is something internal that would cause all three to fail? If not, I must have two bad cords which seems crazy.

I believe it’s the internal power supply.

Go into fusion. Go to the one link ports and hit the program cog. Don’t hit anything but click the update arrow. See if they work after that.

It would be extremely rare that the cables are bad.

OP
OP
K

Kayceejake

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it’s the internal power supply.

Go into fusion. Go to the one link ports and hit the program cog. Don’t hit anything but click the update arrow. See if they work after that.

It would be extremely rare that the cables are bad.
Where do I find the 1 link ports in fusion

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I probably should have been a bit more clear, sorry about that. Do you have another EB832 by any chance? Or another device that may have a 1LINK port you could try? That way you rule out the device you are using now.

I do not believe it would be the cable so trying to rule out the 1LINK power supply. I had one go bad a few years back. Opened a ticket with Neptune, sent it in, they sent it back after they fixed it. I did not do it myself although I think there may be a thread here that shows how.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 77 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back