Neptune DOS auto water changes?

NoobReeefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as the title says i want my DOS to do daily 2g water changes. this quote is from the DOS instruction manual which kinda confuses me (OWS is old salt water and NSW is new salt water)
"The first program will begin at 12:00 and pump out old saltwater. Each ‘dose’ will take 4 minutes (1000 / 250) and will pump out 1000 mL. The second program for the NSW will wait 8 minutes then start the exact same cycle and pump 1000 mL of NSW back into the tank. Meanwhile the OSW pump is waiting to cool down for 16 minutes after which time it will repeat the cycle. Same for the NSW pump. This will repeat another 2 times and 4000 mL of water (2.1 gallons) will have been exchanged."
in that case i would have to turn off my ATO and return pump so it don't run dry, which complicates things because my carbon reactor and calcium reactor is plumbed into my return line. is there a way to run OSW and NSW at the same time pulling OSW from the first chamber in my sump and adding NSW to the return chamber of my sump? if that's possible i think i would be able to keep both my ATO and return pump on during the process.
the DOS is located above my mixing station in the garage that's about 15' from my tank it would pull NSW directly from my mixing station and dump OSW down the drain behind my washing machine.
also i would like to put a neptune pmup pump in the salt water container to mix it up for 5ish minutes before the auto water change starts, so could i plug the pmup into the eb832 24v accessory port and have the apex kick it on 5 minutes before the water change starts?
thanks

ShadowR55

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go to the quick configuration tab in the app and select DOS auto water changes and then it will walk you through and set it up for you. My DOS pumps in and out at the same time but it runs 24/7, every 10 minutes and replaces 53 ml every run.

Huff747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Go to the quick configuration tab in the app and select DOS auto water changes and then it will walk you through and set it up for you. My DOS pumps in and out at the same time but it runs 24/7, every 10 minutes and replaces 53 ml every run.

I do the same, I set mine up to run from Midnight to 6am so it changes more water with each run but runs while we're sleeping, it's not the quietest thing.

tatties

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what about dosing during this? would the dose just be removed right away?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back