Neptune DOS vs Kamoer X2SR Auto Water Change Pump for AWC

TAHK

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I am using Neptune DOS for AWC. However, I had to do some modifications to the pumps to accept RO tubing and am not using any sensors to monitor the amount of water exchanged.
My question is how does it compare to the new Kamoer system and would it work when mounted about 30 feet away from aquarium? I have the water station located in the shed outside.
Any thoughts are appreciated.

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Downside of the DOS for me is they need constant recalibration as they drift. I was doing it every 2 weeks. I hope to try kamoer on my next large build.

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait you had a Dos drift ? How often and how old were the dos'? I have had mine running for about 3 months and as far as I know once I calibrates with the lines filled they have been spot on. Maybe I should pay more attention!? Man I am glad I read this. To be honest I didn't even consider them drifting....

i_am_mclovin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait you had a Dos drift ? How often and how old were the dos'? I have had mine running for about 3 months and as far as I know once I calibrates with the lines filled they have been spot on. Maybe I should pay more attention!? Man I am glad I read this. To be honest I didn't even consider them drifting....
I had 2 DOS units, and both drifted out of the box from day 1. Had to recalibrate about every 2 months at the start. After a year, it was getting to the point of drifting every couple weeks. I had even sent them back to neptune to try and "fix" this but it never changed anything. Maybe they've made hardware changes since then, this was like 3 years ago. But this wasn't uncommon. If you search for DOS drifting you'll see lots of examples.

Thetankdoctor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I should have looked more into this. I jumped on a hot trend. Will keep a closer eye on mine. Thanks for the heads up...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back