What to use for AWC

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all.
I’m looking for a good option for AWC. I have been looking at the kamoer X2SR. But wondering if there are any other options. I have hydros not apex so I don’t want DOS.
I have a mixing station about 30’ away outside in a shed and have lines ran to it under house. My goal is to change about a gallon a day. I don’t see good reviews for the x2sr so I’m wondering if there is anything else I am not aware. Thanks.

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I liked my Kamoer x2sr. once i got it set up and programmed it worked like a champ. with the length of your run and the fact that your running the line under ground tho i would not recommend unless you put the tubing in pvc to protect it from getting squished. any reason the mixing station cant be closer?

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking at the GHL maxi stand alone for my auto water changer .........on sale now.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/g...-standalone-ato-water-change-solution.987673/
I was not aware this existed I’ll take a look. Thank you.
I liked my Kamoer x2sr. once i got it set up and programmed it worked like a champ. with the length of your run and the fact that your running the line under ground tho i would not recommend unless you put the tubing in pvc to protect it from getting squished. any reason the mixing station cant be closer?
I’m not putting the tubing in the ground. I am on an elevated foundation so running them along the floor joists.

unfortunately this is the closest I can get the mixing station. I put it in a Rubbermaid shed up to the house at the shortest distance I could get to the tank. We don’t have a garage either.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my tanks has litermeter awc pumps the other has masterflex. Would highly recommend either
Looked at both of these and they seem to be a bit out of my budget this project. Thank for the advice.

I think I might try the GHL, I like that I can add a second one later if it works well. And the price is good right now.

Aquaddictorbj4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try the AUTOAQUA new product, AWC Lite.
The price is quite affordable with ATO+AWC 2 in 1. Like to give it a chance :D

benapilot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a pair of Liter Meter pumps controlled by my Apex and float switches. They run 20 minutes 3 days a week. I haven’t measured/calibrated them in a long while, but I think that was about a gallon. My reef looks great, so I’m not concerned with a calibrated amount.

My drain pump is mounted behind the display tank and pumps water down into the crawl space, 20‘ into a bathroom drain. My new fill water pump is in the laundry room 30’ away and pumps down into the crawl space, up through the floor and into the sump under my display.

SpectraPure G7 LiterMeter Dosing Pump
They’re a bit pricey, but they have been running flawlessly since 2015!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back