Neptune DOS

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im automating some of my zeovit doses and one of them calls for a 1ml every other day. I have been using the dos for awhile and I’m pretty sure you can’t automate it for every other day, only daily is that right? Or maybe I can. Any help would be great!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every other day programming on the Apex is possible, but it's extremely complicated. The problem is that the maximum value you can use in a timer is 999 minutes (~16.6 hours). This thread shows a way to do it with a series of virtual outputs: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sh...-every-other-day&p=77202&viewfull=1#post77202

Some people choose to dose 1/2 the amount per day each day rather than the full amount every other day.

The other alternative is the DoW command, but because there are 7 days in the week you're stuck choosing two consecutive days to run or skip 2 days:

If DoW S-T-T-S Then ON
or
If DoW S-T--F- Then ON

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every other day programming on the Apex is possible, but it's extremely complicated. The problem is that the maximum value you can use in a timer is 999 minutes (~16.6 hours). This thread shows a way to do it with a series of virtual outputs: https://forum.neptunesystems.com/sh...-every-other-day&p=77202&viewfull=1#post77202

Some people choose to dose 1/2 the amount per day each day rather than the full amount every other day.

The other alternative is the DoW command, but because there are 7 days in the week you're stuck choosing two consecutive days to run or skip 2 days:

If DoW S-T-T-S Then ON
or
If DoW S-T--F- Then ON
Okay cool, so it is possible to do just either double dosing or under dosing cool. Thanks!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay cool, so it is possible to do just either double dosing or under dosing cool. Thanks!

Just to be safe, I want to clarify the use of "If DoW" with the DOS. Please don't use "If DOW Then ON" as shown in my reply above because that turns the DOS head On and it runs continuously the whole day, ignoring the normal schedule and amount to dose. Instead, use "If DoW S-T-T-S Then OFF" in the Advanced tab of the DOS. This allows the DOS to run its normal schedule and dosage volume, except on the days overridden by the DoW command.

After I posted the above example I envisioned you nuking your tank by mistake, so I wanted to point this out.

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible to just do .5ml daily rather than 1ml every other day?

If not, I would see if the DoW command is accurate enough I would use @SuncrestReef suggestion to turn it off 3 of the 7 days and see how your tank reacts. Technically speaking you would be dosing (or not dosing) 4 days a week with two days back-to-back (Sat-Sun)

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would it be possible to just do .5ml daily rather than 1ml every other day?

If not, I would see if the DoW command is accurate enough I would use @SuncrestReef suggestion to turn it off 3 of the 7 days and see how your tank reacts. Technically speaking you would be dosing (or not dosing) 4 days a week with two days back-to-back (Sat-Sun)
Yea I am debating between the two. If anything less is better than more so only a 3 times a week dosage would work. So I will give it a shot!

OP
OP
Blitheran

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to be safe, I want to clarify the use of "If DoW" with the DOS. Please don't use "If DOW Then ON" as shown in my reply above because that turns the DOS head On and it runs continuously the whole day, ignoring the normal schedule and amount to dose. Instead, use "If DoW S-T-T-S Then OFF" in the Advanced tab of the DOS. This allows the DOS to run its normal schedule and dosage volume, except on the days overridden by the DoW command.

After I posted the above example I envisioned you nuking your tank by mistake, so I wanted to point this out.
Okay before I write the wrong command and nuke my tank can you write out the command I would need to dose M-W-F and have it dose at 6 am in the morning?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay before I write the wrong command and nuke my tank can you write out the command I would need to dose M-W-F and have it dose at 6 am in the morning?

First, just use the DOS scheduler to add 1ml at 6am:

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 7.55.34 AM.png

Then go into the Advanced tab and add this code:

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 7.56.55 AM.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 68 37.4%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 61 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back