Neptune Flow Meters Noisy?

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just installed a Neptune Flow Sensor (FS100) as part of my new UV (Pentair 40 W) installation and it makes a very subtle and occasionally pronounced rattling sound during operation.

I verified that the sensor is installed to align with flow direction. If I place my hand gentle on the assembly I don’t feel any rattling or vibrations that could be transferring noise somehow. It really does appear to be coming from within the unit.

If I reduce flow I can get the rattling to become less pronounced. However, that isn’t an option as I will be installing a slightly more powerful pump to get the recommended flow for the new UV unit - MORE flow will be introduced once I receive and install the new pump.

Experience, thoughts, ideas?

Thanks in advance!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a few other reports of similar noises on the Neptune forums and most indicated it quieted down over time - so it could just be a wear-in issue. The FS100 is rated for up to 1500 Gph. You could always put a support ticket into Neptune while you wait and they can probably confirm whether this is indeed normal.

OP
OP
rhostam

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a few other reports of similar noises on the Neptune forums and most indicated it quieted down over time - so it could just be a wear-in issue. The FS100 is rated for up to 1500 Gph. You could always put a support ticket into Neptune while you wait and they can probably confirm whether this is indeed normal.
Okay, thanks!

I’ll let it break in then. I won’t be going that high, but I’m glad you mentioned it because I forgot about that!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back