Neptune GRO light ?

David Gaskins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for feedback on Neptune GRO Refugium light. Currently using a standard clamp on reflector along with a Feit 16-watt grow LED bulb. Grows Cheato fine but is heating up Sump during night hours (about 1-1 1/2 degrees). I would like to reduce this added heat load if possible.

Anyone have any experience with GRO fixture and any added heating?

Backstory: With use of ATI Sunpower 8 bulb T5HO reef tank always had issues with added heat during daylight times with temps rising 2-4 degrees on certain days. In summer (here in Southeast Georgia its summer most of year it seems :)) and during November I bit the bullet and added my 1st Neptune APEX (pro) along with (3) three Neptune SKY fixtures.
Daytime heating issues seem to be gone for good (actually seeing some heater use during cooler 60-70 degree outside temp days). Aquarium room stays at around 75-78 degrees most of time.

Sincerely,

David

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
+1 mine grows chaeto very well. Quite pleased with it. I think I've had mine over a year or so :) Best of luck

OP
OP
David Gaskins

David Gaskins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to both of you for the feedback. If connected thru 24v Apex cable, do you have any idea of the included (?) cable length? Need to make sure I can reach from RSR equipment cabinet on right of stand to sump towards left of stand.

Sincerely,

David

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think its about 6 ft from looking at mine

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
There may be some tucked behind my controllers though. Maybe we can get a better estimate. Best of luck :)

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just my 2c here; I think the value proposition of the GRO is a bit overblown. If the ability to connect to your Apex is a must, it's totally understandable, but there are several powerful LED fixtures on Amazon, for example, that are a third of the price but put out equal or more PAR. I'm sure it's a quality light though.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back