Neptune GRO

Delloman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had this gro for less then 50 days. It has never been under water just above my refugium in my platinum sump and it looks like this and is all but dead only 1 row of Leds works. Based on its IP rating of 64

"IP64
Protected from total dust ingress.
Protected from water spray from any direction"
I have gone big on neptune and this is kinda disappointing the orange rubber is not glued on at all and seems to be Decorative. As it is easily removed. I can post more photos if interested. I replaced it with another as it was convenient and until after I had replaced it I realized the information about the orange rubber.
20211112_171600.jpg
20211112_171301.jpg

OP
OP
D

Delloman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am the Original owner and plan to contact them. I just wanted to put the information out. I have been extremely happy with all my neptune stuff probably over 8k spent this is not to bash them. I am super surprised that a product with the ip rating of 64 would have this problem so incredibly quickly. I picked up a replacement as I did not want lack of light of my refugium for the time it will take to get a resolution from neptune.

Rubblereefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked one up on Black Friday to replace my blown kessil. It does feel really cheaply made. The arm mount is terrible but luckily a kessil a series gooseneck fits. I also can’t believe it doesn’t come with the power supply at this price point. Neptune really cheapes out on this thing if you ask me. Im not surprised it can’t handle a little salt spray.

Colt13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pretty sure these are just rebranded from another company anyway, neptune just threw their orange on it

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 79.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back