Neptune - Liquid Level Sensor - lasted 7 months and melted

  • Thread starter Thread starter Alex V.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Alex V.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 15, 2018
Messages
37
Reaction score
16
Location
Fort Lauderdale
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the Liquid Level Sensor LSS 23" in February 2023 now in September the numbers melted away. From time to time I add a little of Kalwasser to the RO container, never in high saturation and just sporadically, but I guess it was enough to ruin the LSS. I am getting tired of dealing with Low quality products from Neptune systems. Who will be so crazy to add a little of Kalwasser to a RO reservoir for an ATO? let me guess many reefers?
 
I installed the Liquid Level Sensor LSS 23" in February 2023 now in September the numbers melted away. From time to time I add a little of Kalwasser to the RO container, never in high saturation and just sporadically, but I guess it was enough to ruin the LSS. I am getting tired of dealing with Low quality products from Neptune systems. Who will be so crazy to add a little of Kalwasser to a RO reservoir for an ATO? let me guess many reefers?

It may help to define "little". They mention I believe Kalkwasser in the ATO but also say not to use it in saturated Kalkwasser. I would send Neptune a ticket, say what you experienced, and go from there.

I don't remember but think the sensor is using eTape from Milone Tech.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new