Neptune LSM

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone who uses a Neptune LSM mind sharing a picture of what their tank looks like with the lunar lights on. I've been looking at adding one to my tank for a while now but I'm just not sure.
Before I didn't have an easy way to mount them so I stopped considering them. I'm getting ready to replace my lights and with a new setup that should be fairly easy to mount the lunar lights to, so I've started looking at them again.

I swear adding more stuff to the Apex is almost an addiction.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great... now I want one, lol. ;)
I've wanted one for a while now but I was planning on buying new lights and I was waiting to see if the lights I bought had a built in moonlight. I just got some new lights and they don't have a moonlight feature so I'm looking at them again. I'm just not sure if it's worth the $100 to add a slight amount of the light to the tank overnight. I'd also considered trying to diy a solution using the 12v output of the apex.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Radions have 2 moon channels which I'm using (more to give the room a bit of illumination after sunset). My fish could probably honestly care less... I think if you have an existing hanging fixture it's probably something relatively easy to implement (less so if you have tank mounts) - whether it's the bonafide Neptune or a DIY.

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Radions have 2 moon channels which I'm using (more to give the room a bit of illumination after sunset). My fish could probably honestly care less... I think if you have an existing hanging fixture it's probably something relatively easy to implement (less so if you have tank mounts) - whether it's the bonafide Neptune or a DIY.
My current setup is a hanging mount but just the fixtures are hanging, I'm getting ready to change to where I mount the new lights on a bar that I'm going to hang over the tank.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This was taken before my tank was up and running. They are pretty bright, I have 3 over my 150

Attachments

• 20210409_203747.jpg
    20210409_203747.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 44

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I can take some more tonight

OP
OP
Gtinnel

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was taken before my tank was up and running. They are pretty bright, I have 3 over my 150
Thanks for also mentioning how many lights you had. So I figure 3 on a 125 should be plenty then. Your tank is actually brighter than I would've expected. I assume it's not bright enough that it seems to effect anything in the tanks natural night behavior.

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks for also mentioning how many lights you had. So I figure 3 on a 125 should be plenty then. Your tank is actually brighter than I would've expected. I assume it's not bright enough that it seems to effect anything in the tanks natural night behavior.
I haven't noticed any negative side effects from the corals or fish. Been running a little over 6 months

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'll take a few tonight once it's really dark so you can see it better. I have a better camera now as well

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back