Neptune pH Probe Calibration

Hallowhead

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy,

Can you use any calibration fluid for the neptune pH Probe or does it have to be neptune's ?

I was looking at milwaukees

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing that I have learned is that it’s better to get the single use packets rather than a large bottle of solution. At first I thought it would be more cost effective to get the large bottles, however I only calibrate my probe maybe once a year. When I went to reuse my large bottles I realized that since they had been unsealed for a year (with the cap on, of course) I was afraid that the pH of the solution might have changed due to contamination from the outside air and/or evaporation. So now I just get the single use packets when I want to calibrate and don’t have to worry about it.

Mrxia0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys use the ph 4, 7, and 10 packets every time you calibrate or can you just use one of them to calibrate the probe?

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you guys use the ph 4, 7, and 10 packets every time you calibrate or can you just use one of them to calibrate the probe?

You need to calibrate with two points. Typically you would use 7 and 10 with the apex because those are the closest to the values we want to measure.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 18 29.5%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 51 83.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.9%
Back