Status
Not open for further replies.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see from the OP his point of view. He has a lot of skin in the game for a product that he has/had a good relationship with. With his many contributions to the Apex forum he probably created future sales, kept users from ditching the Apex product out of frustration and spreading the word of Apex being a bad product. The OP was likely not compensated fairly if at all for his efforts. So I can see how he feels that by having said close relationship with Apex, Apex was dismissive to his request, it greatly offended him.
The whole point of this not being the place to show his frustration is Donkey Talk <--- just made up that family friendly phrase...
That is what a forum is about.
noun: forum; plural noun: forums; plural noun: fora
1.a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

On the other side of things, I do not think Apex policy is proper. I understand the complications of the SMS process thanks to the great insight of some of the posters. What Apex should do is simply disable SMS for all. If the current system has unresolvable issues, just say, as of such and such date Apex will no longer be supporting SMS due to changes in carrier regulations.
It is not fair for some people to have the ability to use SMS and not others. It is inconsistent and I do believe most people bought an Apex to improve consistency in their own tanks. Technology moves, not always forward, but the change is constant. I don't expect to use that Iphone 3 that is in my junk drawer or would want to. So the OP should accept this change, because even if they would unblock his number, which would be time consuming and difficult. it would only be a matter of time until Apex completely eliminated SMS. But that doesn’t mean he should accept how he was treated.

jDoSe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kind of the point. If they don't care enough to respond to this thread from an official account, they deserve to lose some customers to alternatives like hydros.
You mean the competitor with the exact same issues?

They won’t lose a single customer from this, as they’ve done nothing wrong.
Just keep re-reading neptune’s reply and all my responses. Eventually it will click.

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You mean the competitor with the exact same issues?

They won’t lose a single customer from this, as they’ve done nothing wrong.
Just keep re-reading neptune’s reply and all my responses. Eventually it will click.
Let’s just perpetuate the lie from Neptune’s customer service that Hydros had the same issue. They didn’t. They switched away from sms completely for everyone. But also set it up so if I want sms I can set my account up for email to sms messages.

Last edited:

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They didn't switch because it was not working correctly here in the US. There was an issue with it in other countries and they were not going to support both. I think at the time most agreed when it was brought up on their group on facebook and on their forum they would rather have the push notifications than text including me. They did bring it up as a discussion before they switched in both forums. I didn't get the text notifications anywhere but my phone. I would rather get them on my iPad unless I am not home or at work and don't have internet access. I can still use the e-mail to text with my carrier if I really want a text, but I don't. In fact I have email turned off on my Hydros. Having both is to redundant for me.

I.AM.MR.MIKE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No. That was them sending me a generic form message without actually looking I to the problem, which is part of why I am so mad. To be fair, I did this testing after they sent the form response, but they could have at least asked. It's a really simple test for me to send an email to my phone and see it go through.
Don't you think they had looked into this several time already before hearing from you?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just now seeing this thread.

R2R is not meant to be a place to garner support to send ultimatums to companies. If you have vendor feedback then please leave it in the appropriate forum. If you want to discuss a technical issue with other reefers you may do that of course. But creating a thread to get the attention of a company and using our platform as a way to onboard others is prohibited. Also while a company may have a forum here on R2R it doesn’t mean that they will use the forum as an official channel for customer service related issues and we can’t force them to do that.

Thank you and NO I was not contacted by Neptune about this at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back