Neptune Sky on Reefer XL300?

NotoriousDMC

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2021
Messages
282
Reaction score
213
Location
Lower Merion
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have a Reefer XL300 (36Lx22.6Wx22H). About 8 months in and I have 2 ReefLED90s supporting a mixed Reefer, including 2 acros. I am thinking about upgrading my lighting and recently heard great reviews about the Neptune SKY from my LFS. I have been focusing on Radion XR15 G5 Pros (2x) but am really interested in the possibility of 1 center light over my tank.

I’ve read the general light spread guidelines from Neptune and BRS. But has anyone used one of SKY lights over the same or similar dimension tank? If so, thoughts please?!?!
 
If you want sps dominant you'll probably need 2. I have 2 xr30 and t5 hybrid on same tank. 2 XR15 will only give you 350 par or so running at 90%.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new