Neptune Systems 1 Link and WAV pump Issues

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

So I have used the 1 Link and WAV pump since they came out, I have had mixed results overall. I am on my second set already, and 2 year ago they both failed , as well as the 1 link and they had to be re-purchased and replaced. in October, my WAV pumps stopped working again, I was able get one working and the other dead. Neptune systems had me send 1 WAV Pump in and the 1 Link, and what was strange is they had me cut the cable off the WAV pump , send them a photo and also send it in. The past week they told me pump is no good and the 1 Link needs a repair , and I asked them what is actually the issue with the pump and what needed a repair on the 1 link. I still have not received a response from Neptune Systems, and to be honest I am starting to lose faith in them as a company. Has anyone else had a similar experience or have advice on what to do?

bobssecrtsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your are not alone my friend, theres plenty of people that are having this issues with their WAV pumps crapping out within the year mark.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your are not alone my friend, theres plenty of people that are having this issues with their WAV pumps crapping out within the year mark.
Ok so I guess I feel better now, last time Neptune Offered me a discounted set, same thing this time but I still feel like it is not worth buying because they should last longer, I have 12v Hydor Koralia pumps I keep as backups that work fine whenever needed, so I think I am just going to use those from now on. I expected high quality from Neptune WAV and just seems like it isn't there.

bobssecrtsn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I guess I feel better now, last time Neptune Offered me a discounted set, same thing this time but I still feel like it is not worth buying because they should last longer, I have 12v Hydor Koralia pumps I keep as backups that work fine whenever needed, so I think I am just going to use those from now on. I expected high quality from Neptune WAV and just seems like it isn't there.
apex is not high quality, they use cheap boards on their products. and put a high price tag on their products. sadly thats where this hobby is headed towards.

have their product last just enough to be out of the warranty period.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
apex is not high quality, they use cheap boards on their products. and put a high price tag on their products. sadly thats where this hobby is headed towards.

have their product last just enough to be out of the warranty period.
Yes it is exactly what keeps happening, even my Trident same thing, warranty ended and boom dead, had to buy one at a discount again. I felt like it was just me.

Bada Bing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune recently replaced both of my pumps, one went bad at about the 9 month mark and the second at about 10 months. I sure hope replacements last longer than that. The warranty replacement process is painfully time consuming. Phone support appointments can be as much as a week out and then whatever other time it takes to get resolved and shuffled through the mail.

OP
OP
italquam

italquam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Neptune recently replaced both of my pumps, one went bad at about the 9 month mark and the second at about 10 months. I sure hope replacements last longer than that. The warranty replacement process is painfully time consuming. Phone support appointments can be as much as a week out and then whatever other time it takes to get resolved and shuffled through the mail.
I have been through same thing several times, I am hoping this time is better, I keep giving them the benefit of the doubt. I have kept my Hydor Koralias 12v with wavemaker as backups and they always work great

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back