Neptune Wav

eric33014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90 gallon mixed reef.

I have 1 Nero 5 pump. Have it setup to give me a gyre type flow. Problem I have with this pump is it has killed 1 too many fish. I recently went the apex route with my tank and looking at the Wav pumps. My questions are

1- How many WAV pumps are recommended?

2- Placement? 1 torch mid tank and monti. Zoa's frogspawn and green leathers sand level. All corals are currently happy and doing well. I do plan on SPS here sometime soon.

3- Anyone speak against the WAV pumps?

Thanks in advance for input.

WillH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had many WAVS - Nearly all of them lasted about a year or less for me, but Neptune was very good about replacing them though. They were really good for price and flow. I found it a pain to take whole device and cord out to clean, but I could have easily cleaned near tank.

* I would recommend when you use WAV 1Link you use a 1LNK module and not an EB832. If a WAV malfunctions, it will take everything on the EB832 offline, until you unplug the WAV.

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll speak against the wavs. As @William Henry accurately states, they tend to die at a year. If you’re unlucky and it lasts a bit longer, you’ll be out of warranty.

I don’t know if you want to buy that sort of equipment. It is inexpensive, but it won’t last.

OP
OP
eric33014

eric33014

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So recommendations? Another Nero 5 to lower the flow and cause more of a wave action?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use 2 WAV, and 2 MP40's on my 90g and I have not had any issues with my WAV and they are reaching almost 2 years. I will say that I prefer the WAV's over the MP40 as I can adjust the direction of the flow than what I can with the MP40's

But since getting the Vortech's I have moved my WAV's to the back wall and have my Vortechs on each side of the tank.

So I have a total of 4 wave makers in my 90

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 143 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 118 35.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back