Nero 3 anemone guard

Lostreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the guard which is included with the new AI Neros designed to protect anemones or just fish?

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the guard which is included with the new AI Neros designed to protect anemones or just fish?
Following this as I do plan on getting nems in the future and most of my pumps are Nero 3s with the fish guard. I think the main issue is that nems can squeeze through small crevices and holes. Will need to hear from more reefers about this.

colejr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this mesh sleeve from McMaster Carr. As you can see they come in many diameters. I bought the one that was just smaller than the diameter of my jaebo and "stretched it over it. Fits fantastic, just cut to length.
1618505427388.png

sgarron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The included guard is a fish guard. I picked up these, haven’t tried them yet, waiting for the tank.

rhostam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will not protect anemones from themselves. And when they get caught in that fish guard, they get stuck. I found out the hard way.

You’ll need to apply a coarse foam or mesh guard on top of the fish guard. Thankfully the fish guard is easily removable so you can do this without much work.

Taiyaki.Visuals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If ya have a 3D printer or know of someone, @ocpondpoacher is working on a 3D printed one.

duesmortem

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a 3D printed anemone guard specifically for the Nero 3. I got the guard off of Ebay and it is supposed to be delivered next week. I am just hoping that my anemone doesn't leave the acclimation box before the guard arrives

FishRN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the nem guard off ebay listed above. It does work for protecting the wondering nem. The first guard I had the diy mesh roll failed on me and munched half a RBT anemone. The only downside of the 3D printed one is that it needs to be cleaned pretty regularly since any larger food particles will get stuck.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 48 53.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • None.

Votes: 23 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.0%
Back