Nero 3 or Aqamai KPS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter shrimped
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

shrimped

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 5, 2016
Messages
851
Reaction score
551
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Background: I have a 7g cube with mostly softies but plan to have a stylo or two in the future. Already have Oase Filtosmart 100 and UNS mini surface skimmer as flow but still need more flow to get rid of a dead spot in the back of the tank.

Going between Nero 3 or Aqamai KPS. Been hearing connection issues with the KPS but i’m concerned about the larger footprint, too much flow, and how i cannot control where the flow is directed from the Nero 3.

Any input on experience for both pumps would help me a lot!
 
Just be aware that Hydor/Aqamai is out of business, so support might be an issue. They have been bought, and are supposed to be coming back, but I’m not sure what form that will take.

I did have a KPS in a 13gal Evo, with softies and LPS, and I took it out because I thought it was too powerful. I think it would blast a 7g cube, but it might depend on your aquascape and layout.
 
I did consider those before the Nero 3 and KPS. Someone said it’s really powerful for such a small pump and it isn’t able to be tuned down much.
Just be aware that Hydor/Aqamai is out of business, so support might be an issue. They have been bought, and are supposed to be coming back, but I’m not sure what form that will take.

I did have a KPS in a 13gal Evo, with softies and LPS, and I took it out because I thought it was too powerful. I think it would blast a 7g cube, but it might depend on your aquascape and layout.
Thanks for letting me know about your experience, I’ll keep that in mind. Also i’m unaware they went out of business, was out of the hobby for a bit over a year lol.
 
I did consider those before the Nero 3 and KPS. Someone said it’s really powerful for such a small pump and it isn’t able to be tuned down much.
Ran it in my Fluval 5 gallon before moving it into my IM 20. Powerful but can definitely be tuned down. Absolutely silent. Super easy to clean. I’ve had no issues. For the price point, I think it’s a great powerhead.
 
Ran it in my Fluval 5 gallon before moving it into my IM 20. Powerful but can definitely be tuned down. Absolutely silent. Super easy to clean. I’ve had no issues. For the price point, I think it’s a great powerhead.
Well that’s enough to convince me lol. I just purchased one on Amazon. Should be here Monday, Feb 7. Totally forgot i can return an item on Amazon even though it’s been used.
 
Well that’s enough to convince me lol. I just purchased one on Amazon. Should be here Monday, Feb 7. Totally forgot i can return an item on Amazon even though it’s been used.
Here’s mine, going over a year strong. Wish it was Wi-Fi/Bluetooth controllable, but the controller isn’t that bad and is pretty intuitive once you get the hang of it.

Let me know what you think when you get it! And yea, worst case Amazon has a decent return policy.
 

Attachments

  • 1C873491-78DD-4240-BEFE-9D4BA46E0675.jpeg
    1C873491-78DD-4240-BEFE-9D4BA46E0675.jpeg
    211 KB · Views: 90
I have the Nero 3 on a 14 gallon cube and the minimum flow on wave is about 670ish GPH. It can be a lot, but it's dead silent and slim profile keeps me using it.
 
is anyone able to get this device to connect to local wifi network? I see it in the list, but when I enter a password it just stays on the enter password screen.
 
Just be aware that Hydor/Aqamai is out of business, so support might be an issue. They have been bought, and are supposed to be coming back, but I’m not sure what form that will take.

I did have a KPS in a 13gal Evo, with softies and LPS, and I took it out because I thought it was too powerful. I think it would blast a 7g cube, but it might depend on your aquascape and layout.
I chuckled when I read this, I was under the impression that they did not have any C/S when they were in operation.

I have a KPS pump and it is very small, what I do not like about it I have to use my phone to operate it.

I used the smallest Since X Stream on my 7 gallon tank,
You could use the smallest Jebao pump, at least that one is controllable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new