Nero 3

Clamberth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wanted to ask a question about the Nero 3 wave maker. I’ve heard some horror stories of people losing their fish to their wave makers and this is my first time buying an AI branded wavemaker. Does anyone have any positive/negative experiences with this wavemaker with regard to their fish? Any piece of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I know this is an old thread, but I've lost 2 perfectly healthy fish to the nero 3 in the past 3 days. Sailfin Tang and a Tailspot Blenny.
Blenny was looking for a place to hide and he went to the nero. Got stuck to it and couldn't get off. Same thing with my Sailfin. It was small so it didn't have the strength to get off of it. I had the guard on it also. UGH!

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but I've lost 2 perfectly healthy fish to the nero 3 in the past 3 days. Sailfin Tang and a Tailspot Blenny.
Blenny was looking for a place to hide and he went to the nero. Got stuck to it and couldn't get off. Same thing with my Sailfin. It was small so it didn't have the strength to get off of it. I had the guard on it also. UGH!
I don't think this is something that's 100 percent avoidable when we put trolling motors in our tanks.
I've had a few clouds of scales puff out of my vortech over the years. It sucks, but it is what it is.

Clamberth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think this is something that's 100 percent avoidable when we put trolling motors in our tanks.
I've had a few clouds of scales puff out of my vortech over the years. It sucks, but it is what it is.
Yes, you are certainly right. It is what it is. I did order a 3D guard to see if I can prevent this. After 1 BTA and two fish. I've had enough

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had 2 nero 3 and both rusted and cracked open. i have tried ai lights too and will never buy again

Kfactor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no! I enjoy my AI lights, but I certainly hope I don't have that issue with the neros down the road.
i didnt mind the issue it was the customer service that sucked they way the handled stuff in my case was just brutal and for that will never buy anything from them again

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Customer Service seems to be kind of a Bygone Era.
I have a nero 3 coming tomorrow for my brand new tank...we'll just have to see how it goes.
The way I feel about it is at least if it croaks at some point, I didn't spend a lot on it.

Seems most of these things last maybe 2-3 years at best and then it's time to get ripped off for the latest garbage. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Mikosreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 nero's in my tank

During regular cleaning of one of the nero 5's when i removed the unit out of the tank, the back cover that conceals the magnet came off.

Looks like this may be a common issue.

The nero is not that old.

I have a case opened with AI, hoping they can stand by their product quality or i will be switching to another company.... i really like(d) the Nero 5's and convinced others to buy them until this happened.

In comparison i have a couple hydor koralia's that are 20 years old and still running.
20231106_181125.jpg
20231106_181226.jpg
20231106_181524.jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back