Nero 5 death

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 5 year old Guam yellow citrus tang (who was fat and healthy) was somehow stuck in the back of a Nero 5 yesterday and sadly passed. Do you sell a guard for this thing so I can prevent future death? And if so, why was this not included with the pump? Thanks

Andyf30

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 5 year old Guam yellow citrus tang (who was fat and healthy) was somehow stuck in the back of a Nero 5 yesterday and sadly passed. Do you sell a guard for this thing so I can prevent future death? And if so, why was this not included with the pump? Thanks
How long ago did you purchase the 5? The 5 and 3 now come with a guard in the packaging. Sorry to hear about the loss of your fish :/

OP
OP
Beckbacca

Beckbacca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine when they first came out. Well that’s good to hear. Any where I can get the guard for my pump?

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
See, they should ship them out for free! I mean it’s their fault of the design. Consumer shouldn’t be paying for shipping costs and the 1 cent they charge

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
See, they should ship them out for free! I mean it’s their fault of the design. Consumer shouldn’t be paying for shipping costs and the 1 cent they charge
Agreed. Its literally a design flaw or safety concern

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to 3D Print mine. Places like Melev's Reef & Fish of Hex have 3D printed ones available for sale.

Agree with others saying that they should be sending them to original purchasers for free.

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

They announced this a while back and offered free shipping + free guard if you requested it by a certain date. I'd venture to guess that OP either didn't get the memo about this, or recently purchased the nero from a vendor who had one of the "older" batches that didn't include it. If the latter then I am sure OP can sent AI a note with their receipt and they'll send over a free guard + free shipping.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They announced this a while back and offered free shipping + free guard if you requested it by a certain date. I'd venture to guess that OP either didn't get the memo about this, or recently purchased the nero from a vendor who had one of the "older" batches that didn't include it. If the latter then I am sure OP can sent AI a note with their receipt and they'll send over a free guard + free shipping.

I registered my Nero 5 and never received an announcement and had purchased an after market guard.

I just went to their website and they are charging 10 cents for the guard and $11.62 for Fedex Ground shipping. :mad:

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I registered my Nero 5 and never received an announcement and had purchased an after market guard.

I just went to their website and they are charging 10 cents for the guard and $11.62 for Fedex Ground shipping. :mad:
That is unfortunate...

This is usually why I never buy newly released product

frydaddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I registered my neros when i bought them and never received a notification from them on the guards. I found out when I saw the new versions had them so went to their site to look. It was $11 shipped for the 2 i needed, so that's only $5.50 per guard. They shipped in a way bigger box than they needed to. But $11 was way cheaper than buying 3d printed ones or having to replace a dead fish.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I registered my neros when i bought them and never received a notification from them on the guards. I found out when I saw the new versions had them so went to their site to look. It was $11 shipped for the 2 i needed, so that's only $5.50 per guard. They shipped in a way bigger box than they needed to. But $11 was way cheaper than buying 3d printed ones or having to replace a dead fish.

My take on this is simple, they brought the Nero 5 to market with a serious design flaw as noted here on R2R by the many people who have lost their fish that were sucked into the rear of the pump. I don't expect them to reimburse me for my dead fish but at the very least they should be shipping this guard out free of charge to anyone that registered their purchase or has proof of purchase.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqua illumination parts store. No charge for guard, you only pay shipping. Ask for a couple.

Frankly it is repugnant that a company like this would want to charge you 1 cent (including shipping) when they made a product with a serious design flaw. There have been countless posts on R2R where people such as myself have lost fish that were sucked into the rear of the pump. They disavowed all responsibility for my loss when I emailed them last year. Many of us went out and purchased 3rd party rear guards at a cost because they originally ignored our complaints.

They are now shipping the Nero 3&5 with a rear guard that corrects the issue which in itself is confirmation that there was a problem.

They should take responsibility for their actions and ship free of charge a rear guard to anyone that either registered the pump or can show proof of purchase!

Fishingandreefing

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frankly it is repugnant that a company like this would want to charge you 1 cent (including shipping) when they made a product with a serious design flaw. There have been countless posts on R2R where people such as myself have lost fish that were sucked into the rear of the pump. They disavowed all responsibility for my loss when I emailed them last year. Many of us went out and purchased 3rd party rear guards at a cost because they originally ignored our complaints.

They are now shipping the Nero 3&5 with a rear guard that corrects the issue which in itself is confirmation that there was a problem.

They should take responsibility for their actions and ship free of charge a rear guard to anyone that either registered the pump or can show proof of purchase!
Absolutely agreed! If I remember correctly they charge $11 for shipping. If you own up your design flaw, ship them out by first class mail which costs a couple of dollars.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 106 77.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 18 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back