Nero 5 or Jebao SLW20

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do guys think? I’m upgrading to a Waterbox 20G Cube and I am deciding on whether should I get the Nero 5 or just get the Jebao SLW20? They look similar but does having the “Legit” in make a difference? Any input is appreciated!

Ravsta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up buying one? Which one did you buy? I’m after another wave maker and am considering either Nero or an MP40

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Never tried the Nero 5 but I do have the Jebao SLW 20 running for 1 month now. Strong and silent with a wide flow . It’s basically the Nero 5 without the wireless functions and price.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a Nero for awhile now, maybe close to a year in my 75 gallon tank. It has worked flawless. Quite and my corals and fish love the random wave action it can make.

UnderDaSeas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a Nero for awhile now, maybe close to a year in my 75 gallon tank. It has worked flawless. Quite and my corals and fish love the random wave action it can make.

Do you have just the Nero 5 in your 75g? I have the same but I'm trying to decide how slow I should keep my Jebao CP90 & Nero flowing.

billwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both, and they both work nicely and have a great form/function to them. The Nero is definitely more powerful though. Easily hits opposite side of 4’ tank. Jebao less so, but likely great match for a 20g

masja205

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both, and they both work nicely and have a great form/function to them. The Nero is definitely more powerful though. Easily hits opposite side of 4’ tank. Jebao less so, but likely great match for a 20g
Hey would you suggest going one up for the Jebao to compensate for the power. I have a WB peninsula mini 25 gal with a length of 60mm. Setting it up for a fowlr tank and want flow to avoid cyano outbreaks but also not move my sand around...

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back