Nero 5 works with new Icecap Battery backup

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I just purchased the new Icecap 24v battery backup for DC pumps and it works perfectly with the Nero 5:)

F554FA38-7FA1-40BC-AD94-99F913C0F2B7.jpeg

Greaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How does this work, I understand the Nero 5 has no power brick for connecting to the battery backup.

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not near the tank right now, but bottom plug on controller plugs into battery backup and then battery backup plugs into controller. Let me know if you need more info and I'll make a note to take pics. It works great, tested many times.

Ky_acc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks for confirming this - I was thinking it should work, but never saw anyone confirm this!

BullyBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now if we can find out how it works for return pumps!

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This post is a lie, I believe it and got the battery from BRS and infact it did not work. BRS also confirm is not working. I return the item and was charge a restocking fee. Bad post. Horrible poster.

E97DDA0E-B6AF-4A0D-B47E-1D5C2919F5EA.jpeg

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Horrible poster?? Uh yeah, sounds like user error to me^^^^^^^. Want to put money on it? If I had a dollar for every bit of inaccurate online fish store advice.... For the other members who are curious, when I get home from my trip I will post video and connections proving it. It worked during the last power outage two weeks ago flawlessly with my Nero . I did not test with other pumps, only Nero. I tell you helping people is getting to be a pain in the butt when immature inexperienced reefers post BS.

wmo168

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Horrible poster?? Uh yeah, sounds like user error to me^^^^^^^. Want to put money on it? If I had a dollar for every bit of inaccurate online fish store advice.... For the other members who are curious, when I get home from my trip I will post video and connections proving it. It worked during the last power outage two weeks ago flawlessly with my Nero . I did not test with other pumps, only Nero. I tell you helping people is getting to be a pain in the butt when immature inexperienced reefers post crap.
Thanks for your good intention but if you can at least post a video. That will be great. The plug fit perfectly but doesnt power the driver on. Very straightforward if is on or off, it could be me or bad online fishstore advice from BRS. Hope your video demonstrates the working. To this date I have not found any youtube video on icecap hook up to nero5

Red Sea reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not really sure. I did lose power this summer but it was only for a half hour, and it ran at level 4/5 which I have it set on. I think it’s only good for 24 hrs?

OP
OP
Naturalreef

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Very cool. I have mine to run the varios 2 return pump. Does the Nero run at full power or your schedule after a power outage?

Good question, from what I can tell it’s running my schedule. I don’t notice a reduction in flow. I’ll report back next water change after a closer inspection. Hopefully AI app will show the difference.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 77 79.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.2%
Back