Netflix Documentary: Chasing Coral

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nano101
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nano101

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 9, 2016
Messages
633
Reaction score
359
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently watched the documentary on Netflix titled "Chasing Coral". If you haven't watched it, you should. The proper propagation of aquacultured coral may some day preserve what we see as a hobby, into preserving history. Personally, I am going to start only using aquacultured coral and make my reefs a living testament to what a thriving, natural Reef looks like. I know I have a long way to go and am going to personally pursue a scientific education in learning how to educate the worldwide community on what a coral reef is, beyond it's natural splendor. This is something all of this in our "hobby" can do. We are not only creating living landscapes in our living rooms, we are creating teaching tools that we need to share with others the diversity and complexity of what we attempt to replicate what should happen naturally in the ocean. I also implore all of you to support legislature that curbs climate change so we can save our ocean coral reefs. I would like to see more people move from living works of art as a hobby, to scientific education. We have a strong community that could come united as a front to support our oceans from our living rooms. Think about it.
 
Thank you for posting this, more people need to do something like this. Most people don't know that this issue exists or just how bad it is and that it goes way beyond the corals bleaching and having no reefs in the near future. I would like to see our community here on R2R, other forums, the big name people in this hobby, collaborate and try to make a change. This needs to happen now before its too late. If not, this forum, our hobby, the 1 billion people that rely on our reefs for food and jobs will have nothing. Its a fact that this will happen in the very near future if we can't get our governments to make a change. We put a man on the moon and have done the impossible countless times, we can make this change.
 
I really dont understand why this topic has not got much attention with how important it is ... its sad.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 44.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new