Never been so happy to own a generator!

tnc112105

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased a generator 5 years ago and a battery backup for my gyres 3 months ago. Until a few days ago, I never once had to use the generator and wondered if I had wasted several hundred dollars on a huge paperweight.

Well we lost power at 2pm on Tuesday during Tropical storm Isaias, and boy did I change my tune.

The battery backup on my gyres kept the flow on until the storm passed and I could get gas for the generator, and the generator kept my three tanks (reef, FOWLR and fish QT) going the whole time. Pumps, lights, skimmer, everything.

Power is back on now 50+ hours later. Many are still without power and not expected to be back on before the weekend. I don’t even want to imagine what would have happened if I hadn’t bought that generator. Feeling VERY happy and grateful and just wanted to share!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for sharing! We're glad that you and your tanks are okay!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HOPE for the best but PREPARE for the worst ..... better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it ....

Power went out here in CT around mid-day on Tuesday. Standby has been running since then. About to run out of propane though. Then I’ll switch to the portable.

Back