New 10G stocking help!

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My NUVO 10 is a few months old, and I'm trying to figure out my stocking options.

Right now I have:
-A few corals
-Yellow watchman goby
-Pistol shrimp
-2 hermits
-4 snails

Now I KNOW that I want a Tailspot Blenny and a cleaner shrimp. The tailspot has been out of stock at multiple LFS for the past couple weeks, and I waiting for a pretty small cleaner.

In the time until I get these two guys, I'm wondering what else I can add? My LFS has a sale every weekend on assorted livestock, and this weekend one of the specials is Sexy Shrimp for $9. I see these guys stay pretty tiny. Anybody see an issue with me grabbing two or three Sexy Shrimp?

So if I got all of this, my stock list would be:

YWG
Pistol shrimp
A few sexy shrimp
A cleaner shrimp
Tailspot blenny
2 hermits
4 snails

How does this sound? Thanks for any help guys! I'm tired of seeing no action in my tank besides hermit crabs. I didn't realize just how reclusive YWG were.

I wish Mr. Yoby would stay out more. He's so cool.

IMG_3851.JPG

JOE_2217

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a pretty good little tank to me. Mostly clean up crew which is good IMO. All those shrimp should be pretty active.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please post a pic when you get your new friends!

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 3 in the tank now! So so tiny. One landed on top of my torch, the other two latched onto rocks. All 3 butts in the air.

I'm going to cut the lights back on in a few and I'll post pics.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I can't wait to see.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lights only at half power, but they're all out and twerking. With my sad torch I almost crushed to death in the background...
IMG_4539.JPG
IMG_4540.JPG
IMG_4542.JPG

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick question. LFS has cleaners for $9.99. Before I go grab one, will the 10g be too cramped for a cleaner? I know my fire shrimp in my 29 gallon is pretty good size now, and he likes climbing all throughout the rocks. There's not much in my 10g for that to be possible for a cleaner :(

If so, what are some other cool nano safe inverts that will be fun to watch?

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he'd be okay. I also love tailspots but I feel like with that stock list you're not going to have any activity on the top of the tank.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think he'd be okay. I also love tailspots but I feel like with that stock list you're not going to have any activity on the top of the tank.

I very well may just get a cleaner or some other invert and leave it be minus adding more coral. I've always loved odd little fish like gobies and blennies more than the "swimmers." Hopefully my big frogspawn and hammer towards the top of the tank will give enough movement up there.

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I very well may just get a cleaner or some other invert and leave it be minus adding more coral. I've always loved odd little fish like gobies and blennies more than the "swimmers" hopefully my big frogspawn and hammer towards the top of the tank will give enough movement up there.

If you're just looking to add another cool invert, what about a Coral Banded Shrimp? I have one in my IM40. I've wanted to put him into my IM10 but can't catch him. Their arms are so cool and they have great coloration. They look like they're always ready for 8 rounds in a boxing ring haha. I was worried about having him in there with my Flame Hawk but he's been able to fight him off.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're just looking to add another cool invert, what about a Coral Banded Shrimp? I have one in my IM40. I've wanted to put him into my IM10 but can't catch him. Their arms are so cool and they have great coloration. They look like they're always ready for 8 rounds in a boxing ring haha. I was worried about having him in there with my Flame Hawk but he's been able to fight him off.

I think they're awesome. I do know they get very big though for shrimp. I'm also afraid my three sexy shrimp would end up being breakfast lunch and dinner.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to pick up a cleaner if I can find a small one. If he gets too big he'll go join the fire shrimp in my other tank.

OP
OP
Adam113

Adam113

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4776.JPG

Right at home... lights still off until about 1 o'clock today

nate's reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a medium size cleaner i purchased in my 10 gallon and he's doing great. Wash your arms real well and he goes to town on your skin. Probably one of my favorites.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back