View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
old tank-
IMG_6506.JPG

Current tank-
IMG_5356.JPG

-New tank is a custom built rimless 120 by visio with custom stand and trigger sump. I'll be running an ati 6 bulb t5 with reef brites for now. Looking at a quantum skimmer or possibly Deltec. The new tank won't be done until mid Oct. I'm excited !

OP
OP
Caliguy1983

Caliguy1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update for my build. Got the trigger systems sump, tunze ATO and plumbing supplies today. Hope I calculated my sump size correct. I didn't want a giant sump tanking up the entire cabinet but i also don't want floods. I'll have to make sure the returns are high and the check valves in place.

IMG_6452.JPG

IMG_6491.JPG
IMG_6530.JPG

OP
OP
Caliguy1983

Caliguy1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a call from Kevin at Blue Planet aquarium in Fresno. He said your tank is in. I thought he was pulling my leg it came in 10 days early. Visio did a fantastic job on the tank and the stand. Went down to get it and picked up up a few other supplies including miracle mud for the sump, fittings and salt. I somehow talked my wife into helping me unload everything. I have the best wife in the world!

OP
OP
Caliguy1983

Caliguy1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehow I convinced my wife the two of us could get the tank into the house. Dumb idea, but we pulled it off. I cut the mat to fit under the tank and plumbed my RO resivoire line through the closet wall. Lined the stand up and got all my rough plumbing cut and ready for glue.

IMG_6576.JPG
IMG_6575.JPG

IMG_6573.JPG

OP
OP
Caliguy1983

Caliguy1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update- busy day at work today then dinner with family from out of town. Started working on the tank around 9pm tonight. I got all of my plumbing done and glued. I reinforced my ceiling so I could hang my light fixture. Got the light fixture in place and started putting water and sand in the tank. I'm beat! Going to bed making more water tomorrow....
IMG_6593.JPG

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update- busy day at work today then dinner with family from out of town. Started working on the tank around 9pm tonight. I got all of my plumbing done and glued. I reinforced my ceiling so I could hang my light fixture. Got the light fixture in place and started putting water and sand in the tank. I'm beat! Going to bed making more water tomorrow....
IMG_6593.JPG
Very nice. Looking forward to seeing this thing come to life. I'll live vicariously through you since my build is a while off from being wet.. haha.

LoneStarReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank!! Looks like the nook where you put it was made for it.

IMG_6593.JPG

Lninwa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got a call from Kevin at Blue Planet aquarium in Fresno. He said your tank is in. I thought he was pulling my leg it came in 10 days early. Visio did a fantastic job on the tank and the stand. Went down to get it and picked up up a few other supplies including miracle mud for the sump, fittings and salt. I somehow talked my wife into helping me unload everything. I have the best wife in the world!

Have you used miracle mud in the past? I hear it is great.

OP
OP
Caliguy1983

Caliguy1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't used it in the past but I know a lot of people that have had great success with it. I put it in a tray so if I decide to switch it out or remove it should be easy.

OP
OP
Caliguy1983

Caliguy1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_6447.PNG
IMG_6625.JPG

Tank is clearing up beautifully. All my fish survived the transfer. I used about 50% old tank water for the new system and made the other 50%. I'll be buying a couple more pieces of rock to adjust the scape a little. Deltec skimmer should be in tomorrow. Overall, everything has gone to plan!

IMG_6615.JPG

OP
OP
Caliguy1983

Caliguy1983

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my closet next to the tank. I set up the 15 gal top off container (brute) and plumbed it through the wall. The tunze osmolator is one of the best purchases I made for this build. I don't know why I never did one on another tank. I highly recommend it.

The supply closet:
IMG_6640.JPG

The pump wire and top off line drilled through the wall:
IMG_6639.JPG

The top off feed line mounted to the tank:
IMG_6638.JPG

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back