And the canopy, freshly painted.
DSC_0208.JPG

DSC_0207.JPG

JSmith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great job on the build so far! I wish I had built a stand like that for my 90 gallon. The one that came with it is made of cheap material. I did build the canopy myself though. I'll be following you're build

OP
OP
AllSignsPointToFish

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strongly considering gulfliverock.com for live rock and sand. Anyone have experience with them?

I will probably start with 150 lbs of live rock, but I'm on the fence when it comes to how much live sand. I plan to keep some LPS so I will need some live sand, but I want to minimize the nitrates trapped in it. Thoughts?

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, no advice on the rock or sand, but wanted to comment on how nice this is coming together. Very nice work...you should be proud! Can't wait to see some life in there!

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the benefit of DIY...only we know where we've messed up! The problem I've found with that "benefit" is I tend to only focus on that area when I'm looking at a project...lol. :mad:

By the way, I remembered there is a thread on here (or possibly another site) that discusses Tampa Bay live Rock. I believe his website is below. I tried to find the thread to link it for you but couldn't find it. I believe @d2mini is a friend or acquaintance of his, so maybe he can chime in and shed some light. Haven't used them, or the one you sighted above, just providing another option. Take it for it's worth.

http://www.tampabaysaltwater.com/

merlberg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Functional test with water. The Jebao pump is almost completely silent, even at 100% output . The Reef Octopus skimmer is also very, very quiet :)
DSC_0223.JPG

First off I love everything about this!!!! :) n this might be a silly question but when it is time to top off your sump how will you do that? I ask because I have ppl working on my 120 gal right now and I have no idea where to put my sump since my tank will be in the wall. N they built the bottom piece similar to yours.

OP
OP
AllSignsPointToFish

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have room on either side of the sump. My current plan (which could change when reality comes calling) is have the top off equipment on one side of the sump or the other. It's not a great picture, but you can see that there will be room on both sides.
dsc_0195-jpg.278501

OP
OP
AllSignsPointToFish

AllSignsPointToFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Live rock gets here tomorrow :) Unfortunately, I will not be at the house when it arrives, so it will have to sit outside for a couple of hours, but there's not a whole lot I can do about that. Hopefully, it will get here before I have to leave in the afternoon.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back