NEW 180g EuroBrace (not all good news)

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright so last week my 180g perfecto leaked through my floor into my kitchen and had to scrap it. The bulkheads cracked completely and i was lucky they didnt completely shatter but needless to say i took this bad news...fixed my kitchens ceiling...and now its time for 180g ROUND 2!!!

I'm upgrading equipment and will give you the list and post pictures of the new tank this time =)

So Equipment!!:

MRC Bio Sump
Vertex 180 Skimmer
KoralLin Calcium Reactor
Tunze 501 Topoff pump
Trying to decide what return pump to get at this point open to suggestions
Precision Marine GFO reactor (had on old tank)
3 Ecotech MP40's
and 3 Radions that a local guy gave me a serious deal on that i should get soon (may go to 4 depending on how the spread looks in the tank)

All my sps and fish are in a 75g tank that i setup quickly and are eagerly awaiting the new tank(maybe even more than i am!)

Any ideas or suggestions post them here or forever hold your peace =)

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to see what you do with this tank!!!!

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image-2093716363.jpg

Sweet new skimmer =) just got here today (faster than i was expecting)

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image-3127255084.jpg

So heres A picture of where the tank will go after i get some new carpet laid down whoch will hopefully be happening this week

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so got confirmation that my tank should arrive in about 4 weeks!!! Patience is something that i'm glad i learned sometime ago...i had to move some of my corals and fish into a 12g nano cube to be able to more closely monitor them will post pictures of that soon but i'm excited i finally get rid of those pesky braces!!

Bry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alright so last week my 180g perfecto leaked through my floor into my kitchen and had to scrap it. The bulkheads cracked completely and i was lucky they didnt completely shatter but needless to say i took this bad news...fixed my kitchens ceiling...and now its time for 180g ROUND 2!!!

WOW.. what a bummer! I guess it could have been worse. Good luck with the new one. Looking forward to watching the re-build.

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so while not much is going on the 75 i set up had some issues with filtration so i moved some more delicate stuff to a 12g cube ive had sitting around so that i can tweak and have something to play with also =) i'll put up pictures as soon as my phone starts to cooperate

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok soi think the 75 that i put everythinginto just got uploaded...built the canopy forthe lights today

Attachments

• image-1224847709.jpg
    image-1224847709.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 357
OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so probably last post for a while till the actual tank comes in but today went to the LFS to cure the "my big tank is gone blues" and found the proverbial diamond in the rough...i lost most of my anthias in setting up this 75g to keep my corals and fish and most of my wrasse buried themselves in the sand and didnt make it leaving me with about 5 fish and a fairly empty tank...that changed today...my new eating spirulina brine and cyclopeeze PURPLE QUEENS!!!! 11 of them no less! I have actually never kept this species of anthias in my own personal tank and have been searching for them for some time and this small school is exactly what i needed to keep me goin till my 180 shows and i'll try to get pictures of them in the morning but they are beauties

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got word from C2C that the tank and stand will be ready for pickup on monday SUPER EXCITED :wink:...i'll be turning a room in my basement with an attached boiler room into the fish room now so i'll be ordering a 10ft by 4ft by 2ft tank along with an 8ftx2ftx2ft sump for the boiler room...equipment list still unsure but my 180 will be inline with this monster tank so i'm excited for that and will start a new thread when the time comes. I'll post pics monday and tuesday as i get the 180 and get it all setup and running =)

OP
OP
EcoFrags

EcoFrags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well its finally here i took tons of pics just havnt posted them yet but so far everything is looking great and the tank is awesome. High quality craftsmanship coming out of Coast to Coast for sure.

oh i've also got the dimensions and layout for my 700g tank 10ftX4ftX2ft and few hundred gallon sump 8ftx2ftx2ft down on paper and will be sending the dimensions over to the guys at coast to coast soon to have them start on that monster =)

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a beautiful tank!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back