OP
OP
fasterznu

fasterznu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Messin around with the new lens, lemme know what you guys think...
DSC_0297.jpg
DSC_0298.jpg
DSC_0304.jpg
DSC_0305.jpg
DSC_0307.jpg
(photos not of this tank)

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice!!! What camera are you taking those pictures with? And what's your salinity level? Thanks! Nice corals!

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is awesome! Just looked through all the pics! On accident I raised my salinity lv to 1.028. Any ideas on how to get this back down? And will my corals be fine?

OP
OP
fasterznu

fasterznu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is awesome! Just looked through all the pics! On accident I raised my salinity lv to 1.028. Any ideas on how to get this back down? And will my corals be fine?

Thanks! Thats alright, if you need to top off use fresh RO water if not take some of your tank water out and replace with RO. that should get your salinity back to where you want it and your corals should be fine :thumbup:

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks!! I have a couple bumble bee snails, should I take them pack to my lfs? And I'm ordering an orange spot prawn goby and a tiger pistol or candy pistol. Any ideas on if they will pair? And which pistol shrimp should I get? And can I post pictures of my tank on here using my phones camera?

OP
OP
fasterznu

fasterznu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks!! I have a couple bumble bee snails, should I take them pack to my lfs? And I'm ordering an orange spot prawn goby and a tiger pistol or candy pistol. Any ideas on if they will pair? And which pistol shrimp should I get? And can I post pictures of my tank on here using my phones camera?

Why are you wanting to take them back? They should be good for your tank, good cleaners and they look cool. go to liveaquaria dot com and check out there pistol shrimp, they will tell you in the description what goby pairs with what shrimp as my roommate got a pair and they never paired up but mine on the other hand paired right away. FYI the pistol can turn into a big pain in the butt, they like to dig so if you have any coral on the ground near any rocks that he/she will most likely go to then prepare to have a lot of dirt pushed all around and possibly see a frag or two missing as the shrimp will pick them up and move them if there in its way. With that being said I would possibly rethink the idea of getting the pair but if you do decide to go with it best of luck! Diamond back gobys are pretty cool too! Yes you can post photos on here with you phones camera, you might have some issues with color but thats the best the phone can do. Try to stay perpendicular with the glass or the shot will come out distorted. GL!

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of taking them back, because my lfs told me they are not reef safe. And I was really wanting to get a goby and a pistol shrimp. What pistol shrimp do you have? And thanks!! I'll try to post a pic on here some time!

OP
OP
fasterznu

fasterznu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Tiger Pistol and he paired with a yellow watchmen. not sure about the candy but it should say in its description if it has a relationship with a goby. Basically any pistol and watchmen should pair but do your research before buying. Your very welcome!

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok cool. So should I get a pistol? I have to place the order today, and do you like your pistol? Or do you ever regret gettin him?

OP
OP
fasterznu

fasterznu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be honest its up to you but I somewhat do regret getting one. Like I said in the message above he moves things around throws sand everywhere and is pretty disruptive at times. Hope that helps.

Longnose Hawkfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all your help! And I went ahead and ordered an orange spot prawn goby with a candy pistol shrimp. My lfs said I can get them both for 25$ and that they would order multiple ones and pair them up! I'm going to pick it up this Thursday! :)

OP
OP
fasterznu

fasterznu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice work, hope they work out for you. Did you get a chance to post a thread or any pics?

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 52 40.0%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back