New 29 gallon biocube

BEN young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i am setting up a new 29 gallon buocube and was wondering if you guys can point me in the right direction to setting up the back of the tank. I have ordered a new pump with more flow already. The biocube has the led upgrade slots in the hood and the middle chamber is see through so perhaps a refugium is a good idea? Please point me in the right direction. Thank you

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did several upgrades to my bio cube 29 and it has been going great for 1.5 years. I upgrades the stock coral life pump with an MJ1200 (295gph). For lighting I gutted the 2 stock PC's and went with RapidLED's retrofit for bio cube 29. I went with dimmable drivers and storm controller. I placed the aquatic life 115 skimmer in chamber 1. In chamber 2 I am running a media basket with drip plate and a refugium basket right next to it. I made the baskets myself, with the same dimensions as the ones that INtank makes. Hope this helps.
Rich.

OP
OP
BEN young

BEN young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did several upgrades to my bio cube 29 and it has been going great for 1.5 years. I upgrades the stock coral life pump with an MJ1200 (295gph). For lighting I gutted the 2 stock PC's and went with RapidLED's retrofit for bio cube 29. I went with dimmable drivers and storm controller. I placed the aquatic life 115 skimmer in chamber 1. In chamber 2 I am running a media basket with drip plate and a refugium basket right next to it. I made the baskets myself, with the same dimensions as the ones that INtank makes. Hope this helps.
Rich.
May i ask where your heater went and would you mind posting a pic?

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to brag,about our comfort down here in Miami, but I don't run a heater down here lol [emoji4] I could maintain the inside of my house in the 70's year round. If anything the tank temp runs a bit high,around 80. I'm at work today, I will post pics tomorrow for you.

OP
OP
BEN young

BEN young

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. I am planning to move down there myself when i retire ( i am sure you hear that alot) lol

Rjramos

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess you can run a heater in chamber 3 with the return pump but you have to maintain your water level high there. One thing about most bio cubes, don't follow the water level marks on the left side window. Most of us ignore this and keep water around the max level when the pump is off.

Bunnee911

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The ato is the best thing i have bought for my tank. I have a muffin fan on the back of my cube.
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1454259674.187051.jpg

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 41 26.8%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 40 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back