New 305 Gallon Build

chizerbunoi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. I also like the build and attention to detail in the sump. Good job.

Was the RBTA one large colony to start and then split into 3-5 smaller clones now? Just wondering why it was a basketball size and now very small.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looks great. I also like the build and attention to detail in the sump. Good job.

Was the RBTA one large colony to start and then split into 3-5 smaller clones now? Just wondering why it was a basketball size and now very small.
Thanks bro... my colorado bubbletips has split a few times...it split again yesterday......Great observation.. its still very large it just moved to the other side of the rockwork.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update family, need to figure out a better way to get quality pictures to you guys :cool:. See how large my purple Mag has gotten.

1608061935896.png

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Family, just a few updates. Dealing with a bit of cyano, however I know the cause. My nutrients took a dive and when that happened... cyano. I've updated my nitrate dosage to 25ML per day...14ML was keeping me at 3ppm of nitrates and my corals are not happy at that level.... i try to stay around 10 - 12ppm. Phos also dropped....however i know what to add to the fish food to bump it so I've been doing that.

1611781265510.png

1611781282517.png

Reef370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Family, just a few updates. Dealing with a bit of cyano, however I know the cause. My nutrients took a dive and when that happened... cyano. I've updated my nitrate dosage to 25ML per day...14ML was keeping me at 3ppm of nitrates and my corals are not happy at that level.... i try to stay around 10 - 12ppm. Phos also dropped....however i know what to add to the fish food to bump it so I've been doing that.

1611781265510.png

1611781282517.png
Looking good brother! Keep up the hard work... I see it’s paying off!!

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought about adding some more fish into the system to increase nutrient levels?
Lol... i have 22 fish in the tank. My fuge works amazingly well. I recently switch from chaeto to Caulerpa prolifera ( Sea hare ate my chaeto and it never bounced back), for sure the Caulerpa is much better at reducing nutrients especially nitrates.
This Caulerpa is out performing
1611867602937.png

This amount of chaeto

1611867497347.png

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought about adding some more fish into the system to increase nutrient levels?
Although this video focuses on the mag, you get to see some of the fish population.

Last edited:

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nice looking build you have going. I'm wondering about the tank schematic that you posted above, I'm assuming that Planet sent that to you? It looks like it is their standard 235g Mega Matrix tank, is that correct? I recently order the 270g version of this (so just a foot longer) with the extrnal overflow. I asked if they provided a schematic like this and they said they did not.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking build you have going. I'm wondering about the tank schematic that you posted above, I'm assuming that Planet sent that to you? It looks like it is their standard 235g Mega Matrix tank, is that correct? I recently order the 270g version of this (so just a foot longer) with the extrnal overflow. I asked if they provided a schematic like this and they said they did not.
Hey thanks bud. This was a custom build which is why the schematic was sent. This is a 242 Gallon display, double euro braced and low iron on all sides other than the back. There are some other options, you get the point.

Last edited:

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks bud. This was a custom build which is why the schematic was sent. This is a 242 Gallon display, double euro braced and low iron on all sides other than the back. There are some other options, you get the point.
Thanks. I did some small custom tweaks to my 270g as well, but no schematic :(

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I did some small custom tweaks to my 270g as well, but no schematic :(
You will be very happy with PA... ive bought off the shelf units for the last few builds. This is the 1st one that was designed with my input...pretty cool experience.

Oberst Hajj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will be very happy with PA... ive bought off the shelf units for the last few builds. This is the 1st one that was designed with my input...pretty cool experience.

This will be just my second tank, my current tank is a 60g cube. The new tank will be a FOWLR build.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol... i have 22 fish in the tank. My fuge works amazingly well. I recently switch from chaeto to Caulerpa prolifera ( Sea hare ate my chaeto and it never bounced back), for sure the Caulerpa is much better at reducing nutrients especially nitrates.
This Caulerpa is out performing
1611867602937.png

This amount of c

Although this video focuses on the mag, you get to see some of the fish population.
I see some fish in there for sure. I am way to distracted by the mag :p . I am a sucker for mags and gigs. Maybe one "big" fish can give you that boost in nutrients? Fish are just more entertaining to me than dosing nitrate. Your tank looks great!

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see some fish in there for sure. I am way to distracted by the mag :p . I am a sucker for mags and gigs. Maybe one "big" fish can give you that boost in nutrients? Fish are just more entertaining to me than dosing nitrate. Your tank looks great!
Thanks bro!! Honestly i prefer to dose nutrients... i love the flexibility. Im always distracted by the mag...lol. Its been a journey with that one.

OP
OP
Sdot

Sdot

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought about you bro, the last feeding yesterday i took this video. You can definitely see the most of the fish population.

rds85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought about you bro, the last feeding yesterday i took this video. You can definitely see the most of the fish population.

Look stunning! I still think a regal angel, hybrid whitecheek, or Harlequin Tusk would just be that extra touch. Just teasing man.

Also after your thread I ended up buying 2 mp60s thinking I was going to replace two mp40s... I just kept them all on the system. I want that natural sps colony look versus the sticks growing into the flow and light they want. So mimic the growth patterns you have in your system.

that far left structure could use another stick or two :cool:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back