New 350g Peninsula Build and a house around it...

OP
OP
Matt Cole

Matt Cole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just over two months in so I thought I'd update some photos. I bought two blade lights, one grow and one glow for a coral quarantine tank and I had the lights set at 75% so I figured that would be good. Tested with my par meter and was over 500 in the center. Turned them down to under 50% and have peaks at 300 now in center between lights. Impressive output but for people adding these to a smaller tank, be careful output was close to 700 par at 100%
IMG_7521.jpeg
IMG_7520.jpeg
IMG_7519.jpeg
IMG_7522.png IMG_7506.jpeg IMG_7507.jpeg IMG_7521.jpeg
IMG_7518.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_7504.jpeg
    IMG_7504.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 22

Tub Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is awesome. I too have been inspired by Reefdudes, I NEED this!
Can you provide more details on this, parts for example? is that a 5' cantilever?
Not sure if I can realistically achieve this, mine would require an 8-9' cantilever.

I'm also planning on some sort of eurobrace mount for my gyre. Can't remember who I first saw that idea from though.

Anyhow, looking great! and congrats on the dream home!

OP
OP
Matt Cole

Matt Cole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome. I too have been inspired by Reefdudes, I NEED this!
Can you provide more details on this, parts for example? is that a 5' cantilever?
Not sure if I can realistically achieve this, mine would require an 8-9' cantilever.

I'm also planning on some sort of eurobrace mount for my gyre. Can't remember who I first saw that idea from though.

Anyhow, looking great! and congrats on the dream home!
It's 6', it still sags a tiny bit but 8-9 ft would require some supporting cables from the ceiling. I bought everything on 80/20.com. Warning... it isn't cheap. For the gyres, I cemented some 1/2" cut acrylic plates together with the bottom layer extending out to
IMG_7535.jpeg
IMG_7536.jpeg
make a shelf. I then just used silicone to attach it under the eurobrace. This dropped the units below the water level and kept a floating look to the pumps.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just over two months in so I thought I'd update some photos. I bought two blade lights, one grow and one glow for a coral quarantine tank and I had the lights set at 75% so I figured that would be good. Tested with my par meter and was over 500 in the center. Turned them down to under 50% and have peaks at 300 now in center between lights. Impressive output but for people adding these to a smaller tank, be careful output was close to 700 par at 100%
IMG_7521.jpeg
IMG_7520.jpeg
IMG_7519.jpeg
IMG_7522.png IMG_7506.jpeg IMG_7507.jpeg IMG_7521.jpeg
IMG_7518.jpeg
Great looking tank!

Illini_Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
..., well is being drilled next week,..."
If you have a well, does that mean you are also on a septic system? The reason I ask, we are in the process of designing our home and it will be on septic. I've been told multiple times that I should not empty the water change water into the septic (corrosive to the concrete tank and the salinity isn't good for the bacteria needed to make a septic do its job). Have you run into that? If so, how are you draining your salt water? Our architect was stumped and is in the process of doing some leg work as his inital thought was no way would the county let it pass the permit stage if any drain in the house didn't lead to the septic (but that is still open)

OP
OP
Matt Cole

Matt Cole

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thought I would post a 5 month update ...

Stocking list:
Desjardinii Sailfin Tang
Purple Tang
Orange Shoulder Tang
Tomini Tang
Blue eyed Tang
Orange Spot Rabbitfish
Pair of Blue Throat Triggers
Flame Hawk
Pixie Hawk
Pair Black Photon Clownfish
Midas Blenny
Three Anthias ... 2 Bicolor 1 Lyretail
Pair of Lamark Angels
Christmas Wrasse
Starki Damsel

The only additions I would like at this point are 3-4 more Anthias

Everything on the tank is doing well although I removed the two Clarisea 5000's and am running two 7" socks instead. The Clarisea's could not handle the flow volume. I have been fighting a weird bioslime covering a lot of rocks, it's fairly easy to brush or siphon off but grows in thick mats. I tried adding a pair of Marron Clowns with their own anemone to the far side of the tank but the photons would have no part of it and I had to remove them for there own tank.

IMG_7665.jpeg

Last edited:

Gundy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thought I would post a 5 month update ...

Stocking list:
Desjardinii Sailfin Tang
Purple Tang
Orange Shoulder Tang
Tomini Tang
Blue eyed Tang
Orange Spot Rabbitfish
Pair of Blue Throat Triggers
Flame Hawk
Pixie Hawk
Pair Black Photon Clownfish
Midas Blenny
Three Anthias ... 2 Bicolor 1 Lyretail

The only additions I would like at this point are 3-4 more Anthias

Everything on the tank is doing well although I removed the two Clarisea 5000's and am running two 7" socks instead. The Clarisea's could not handle the flow volume. I have been fighting a weird bioslime covering a lot of rocks, it's fairly easy to brush or siphon off but grows in thick mats. I tried adding a pair of Marron Clowns with their own anemone to the far side of the tank but the photons would have no part of it and I had to remove them for there own tank.

IMG_7665.jpeg

How many GHP were you running through them? I would think 2 rollers would be ample for your tank. Was it that you were using too much filter fleece?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back