reefsahoy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
milky way galaxy, 3 planet from the sun, in a coun
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overflow installed image.jpg
Tray for filter floss...yeah I heated and bent it but way easier then cutting, glueing and so on. image.jpg

Nice build! Where did you get the corner overflow?

OP
OP
Moonreef

Moonreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does your 40 have a cross-brace in the top frame? If it does I'd use the 2 light fixtures, one would create a shadow.

Just saw this comment, sorry for the delay...no, my tank does not have a cross brace. I believe most 40 breeders do not. I did end up going with two lights for the heck of it. The two lights work great, kind of a little shadow between the two light but nothing crazy. Enough to put a medium intensity coral between it and no issues whatsoever. Thanks for looking.

OP
OP
Moonreef

Moonreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build! Where did you get the corner overflow?

A LFS had it but it was for a larger tank, like say a 200+. I cut it down and it worked like a champ. I have recently moved and had to shuffle the tank around and subsequently took the rock structure apart. Only one mishap with the corals and that's the plate coral. It broke in half and one half broke in two other pieces, 1/4 the original size. I'm hoping come of it survives, I really like it and it's so pretty.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.6%
Back