New 40 breeder coming soon....

Overflow installed image.jpg
Tray for filter floss...yeah I heated and bent it but way easier then cutting, glueing and so on. image.jpg

Nice build! Where did you get the corner overflow?
 
Does your 40 have a cross-brace in the top frame? If it does I'd use the 2 light fixtures, one would create a shadow.

Just saw this comment, sorry for the delay...no, my tank does not have a cross brace. I believe most 40 breeders do not. I did end up going with two lights for the heck of it. The two lights work great, kind of a little shadow between the two light but nothing crazy. Enough to put a medium intensity coral between it and no issues whatsoever. Thanks for looking.
 
Nice build! Where did you get the corner overflow?

A LFS had it but it was for a larger tank, like say a 200+. I cut it down and it worked like a champ. I have recently moved and had to shuffle the tank around and subsequently took the rock structure apart. Only one mishap with the corals and that's the plate coral. It broke in half and one half broke in two other pieces, 1/4 the original size. I'm hoping come of it survives, I really like it and it's so pretty.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new