New 90G Display

A_Poythress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have finally moved up to a tank that is not an all in one! I am setting up a 90G tank with corner overflow with a custom Triton Sump. I cannot wait to get this thing wet and to talk through things as I build and continue to learn about this hobby.

I am not new to saltwater. This will be thank #3 for me. I have been in the hobby for close to 5 years now and I think I am more excited about it than day 1!

OP
OP
A_Poythress

A_Poythress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 1 of this tank build begins now!

all of the plumbing is in, and I’ve got about half of the RODI water needed for the system made. The rest should be done tonight.

Today I will plumb the tank and begin working on the aqua-scape. I’ve got roughly 80 pounds of rock and a box of marinepure squares to add to the sump for additional bio-filtration.

56C1BCB2-B60A-426B-ADB5-0105B629081A.jpeg

OP
OP
A_Poythress

A_Poythress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using dry or live rock? If dry, remember that you still need to "cure" in order to remove PO4.
Correct. It’s dry rock that has been in a brute trash can for roughly a month now curing. I will also do a 2-3 month cure period before the first fish touches the tank.

I’m not in a rush to have this thing packed. I plan to have this tank for a long time, so I am definitely doing things to the best of my ability. This also means a QT system for all fish and coral that touch the tank.

OP
OP
A_Poythress

A_Poythress

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:
Scape is done and plumbing is finished. Water is going in tonight / tomorrow morning. Roughly 120G being made between two brute trash cans takes a while.

167B0FC3-7890-4E77-A6E2-021369E06091.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back