New Acro Release! Meet the POTO Beethoven!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
47443282281_c1c63012f1_z.jpg

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow! Excellent fire as always

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have to admit it does look like a bonsai to me as well. Definitely can see the purple and lime green in both of them.
Is this ocean raised or tanked raised, can you show some pics under normal lights?

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

I have to admit it does look like a bonsai to me as well. Definitely can see the purple and lime green in both of them.
Is this ocean raised or tanked raised, can you show some pics under normal lights?

Thanks for the comment. Definitely not a bonsai. This is a different species with different growth pattern and colors. Grew this in house. Pic under normal light as many requested:

47591318322_1ef1d875fc_c.jpg

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's our ultimate bonsai. You can see definitely not the same coral at all.

46920278074_a5b23f9d15_c.jpg

Acroporaaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like a bonsai to me?

Hello,

Bonsai? Like Garf Purple Bonsai? Not even close
20190311_082757.jpg

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonsai? Like Garf Purple Bonsai? Not even close
20190311_082757.jpg

Hello,

How are they not even close? From the pics they are both purple and one has yellow polyps and one has green. Am I missing something here? How are they not even close? What makes it sooooo vastly different? Yes they are different coral but they are both acropora, would not be surprised that it had some of the bonsai genetic make up in it? Or are we saying this is s brand new species, never seen or collected before? If so why do hobbyists have it and not protected etc? So yeah they are similar, are all males or females similar yeah. They have arms legs feet toes etc. some brown hair some blonde etc. this is no different and corals are simple animals.

Acroporaaddict

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

How are they not even close? From the pics they are both purple and one has yellow polyps and one has green. Am I missing something here? How are they not even close? What makes it sooooo vastly different? Yes they are different coral but they are both acropora, would not be surprised that it had some of the bonsai genetic make up in it? Or are we saying this is s brand new species, never seen or collected before? If so why do hobbyists have it and not protected etc? So yeah they are similar, are all males or females similar yeah. They have arms legs feet toes etc. some brown hair some blonde etc. this is no different and corals are simple animals.

Bonsai has purple body, purple corallites and green polyps

POTO new release looks to have beige/ maybe purplish body, yellow corallites and looks to be yellow polyps. The growth structure also looks very different imo

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonsai has purple body, purple corallites and green polyps

POTO new release looks to have beige/ maybe purplish body, yellow corallites and looks to be yellow polyps. The growth structure also looks very different imo

Hello,

Lol I’m not saying it’s the same coral by any means, but depending on the lights and how corals morph, it has strong potential to be very similar. An example is Jedi mind trick, it’s a bright green with red dots per say in my tank. I gave a piece to my lfs for trade and in their sps tank it’s a dark purple with reddish pinks dots. But the colors morphed and change depending on the ecosystem they are in.

It’s one of the reasons I like no name random who knows acros better. I have some corals that have really neat colors that I have fragged for others. Yet they don’t have the same colors and or if you trim them often and clip, you can change their growth pattern and make them a very tight colony or very spread out. It would be interesting to see the lineage of this new coral and how it became this?

Aaron iReef2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cornbred sells a Wolverine Killer Acropora. Check it out. There are pics online. I have a frag of it growing well. Bought it about a year ago. Might be the same acro.? Definitely not a bonsia.
A.Blake
ireef2.com

Back