Official POTO Acro Grow-Off - Vote for your POTO stick head and win prizes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who do you think will win the grow-off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know who poto is just wasn’t aware of the employee names.. lol
Well shame on you for not knowing their names! It is imperative to get on a first name basis with the people who take all your money.

RevMH

Happy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well shame on you for not knowing their names! It is imperative to get on a first name basis with the people who take all your money.
That's the way it works in divorce, why should it be any different in reefing.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribe to this thread now to stay up-to-date with this thread!

Update:
We had to restart the poll because it wasn't display users, which wouldn't let us see who voted. Please cast your vote again so we can have your vote counted. Thank you!

At POTO, we value different ideas and methodologies when it comes to reefing as it allows us to compare notes and learn from each other to better ourselves in this hobby. We thought it'd be fun and interesting to see how our different methodologies will fare when it comes to showing results. So we are excited to invite you to tag along with us as we have a grow-off among POTO's 3 resident stick heads.

Who: Kenny, Will, and Chris aka sabellafella
Target Coral: POTO Goofy Homewrecker
Starts: 3/11/2024
Ends: 8/31/2024

How to be a part of this:
After learning about each grow-off system and each contestant's methodology in the videos below, you are invited to vote for the stick head that you think will win. If your stick head wins, you will win a swag bag from POTO! Voting ends April 21st 2024!

POTO Goofy Homewrecker Mother Colony
goofy (1).jpg

LOL Will got Kenny on that 14 day guarantee!!!

Brager

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not going on polyp extension I'm looking at growth and as of the last picture Kenny has new growth at the bottom. Over the years I have seen acro's like to grow over two part apoxy faster then super glue. It's something about the apoxy that acros have no problem growing over. I will always use apoxy around the frag but glue the apoxy to the rock work for final placement.

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All 3 are looking beautiful. Polyp extensions are incredible! To close to pick a leader as each frag has its own positive assets!

Take a look at the frag plug. The different amount of algae growing on it is interesting. All tanks have a similar make up of tangs and CUC.

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This frag was cut the same day as the other contest frags but this one was left in the same system as the mother colony. It is already a lot farther along than the rest and starting to encrust. This is the reason why I did not put my contest frag in the same system as the mother colony.

goofyhw.jpg

Evil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This frag was cut the same day as the other contest frags but this one was left in the same system as the mother colony. It is already a lot farther along than the rest and starting to encrust. This is the reason why I did not put my contest frag in the same system as the mother colony.

goofyhw.jpg
Absolutely stunning!!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back