Official POTO Acro Grow-Off - Vote for your POTO stick head and win prizes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who do you think will win the grow-off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At POTO, we only test alk and po4 regularly, and we plot the values on a line chart to give us a big picture about the systems:

1710798539026.png

1710798255847.png

Here's a closer look at each contestant's parameters from historic trends for the last 4 months.

Alk - Will.png

months Chris Alk.png

months ALK - Kenny.png

And here's a look at the parameters from last year to now:

Alk - Will.png

Chris Alk.png

ALK - Kenny.png

First thing you will notice is that there are lots of swings. Some of the spikes correlate with a large sale such as a live sale, or selling off colonies. This gives us a birds-eye view of the tanks and what event might have triggered any large swings. We test alk from 2x a week to sometimes daily. So we are used to seeing swings. But we have to keep in mind that these data are for a long period of time. But overall the trend is a flat line.

Juano908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha yea I'm one.

Here's some eye candy from my home system to give everyone something to look at.

Definitely the same routine here I do with all my systems. Pretty middle ground on maintenance but more or less not messing around with things. System is straight forward for the last 8 years.

System im growing the frag out in is just about a year old. Definitely what i noticed is acropora tend to fill out alot quicker in a newer setup. Believe its because the individual doesnt have to compete with 20 pounds of good ol alive calcium carbonate compared to my home display.

What else is nice, throught the thread hopefully we can teach some of what we learn and experiences we go through growing these pieces out. All 3 tanks have wildy different set of reefing fundamentals, would be really interesting to see the effects of our individual programs on how the coral thrives, colors, overall health of the skin and polyp extension. We normally just mess around at the shop with stuff like this but why not have it public. There's tons of pro tips I'm sure well share, can definitely relate to it as well along with a timeline to hopefully see results.

Enjoy guys! Chris

VideoCapture_20240126-220723.jpg
VideoCapture_20240112-221048.jpg
VideoCapture_20240313-233345.jpg
VideoCapture_20240301-214937.jpg
VideoCapture_20240126-220745.jpg
VideoCapture_20231208-200614.jpg
VideoCapture_20240219-222031.jpg
VideoCapture_20240311-223820.jpg
I always enjoy watching pictures of your corals, really eye candy’s!!!!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Get those votes in!

If you had already voted, please do so again bc we had to reset the poll due to a snafu with the polling system.

OP
OP
Pieces of the Ocean

Pieces of the Ocean

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get those votes in!

If you had already voted, please do so again bc we had to reset the poll due to a snafu with the polling system.

Thank you @Daniel@R2R! We had to restart the poll because it wasn't display users, which wouldn't let us see who voted. Please cast your vote again so we can have your vote counted. Thank you!

Evil1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My money is on you Chris! I’ll be in to buy your winning frag with a hand truck when the contest is over! Lol. See all of you to pick up my next REEFnBID winnings.

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure who those people are lol…
These people are the best! Love me some POTO! But secretly Will is my favorite….shhhh don’t tell the others!

Great place to get corals from! The best if you ask me!

Great live sales.

Great auctions - the use to do them on there site now they do them at ReefnBid - after then auction end any that are not bought get listed as Second Chances - not sure how they determine the price for that BUT it’s definitely reasonable!

Great guarantee on corals when shipped! 14 days - can’t beat that anywhere! POTOs customer service is top notch and super responsive.

-this is not a paid advertisement, the participants were not paid for their recommendations- :D

I may be partial to POTO. Prior to my tank going poop after moving I bought the majority of my corals from them. I also got a lot from @Zoanthids live sales. Also great people!

Ok advertisement over ;)

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These people are the best! Love me some POTO! But secretly Will is my favorite….shhhh don’t tell the others!

Great place to get corals from! The best if you ask me!

Great live sales.

Great auctions - the use to do them on there site now they do them at ReefnBid - after then auction end any that are not bought get listed as Second Chances - not sure how they determine the price for that BUT it’s definitely reasonable!

Great guarantee on corals when shipped! 14 days - can’t beat that anywhere! POTOs customer service is top notch and super responsive.

-this is not a paid advertisement, the participants were not paid for their recommendations- :D

I may be partial to POTO. Prior to my tank going poop after moving I bought the majority of my corals from them. I also got a lot from @Zoanthids live sales. Also great people!

Ok advertisement over ;)
I know who poto is just wasn’t aware of the employee names.. lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back