New ai prime

Nanoclowndave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a pump mishap that fried my current marine orbit (R.I.P) I upgraded to an ai prime 16hd reef. I installed it 3 days ago and I am loving it, and so are my corals. I’m running Saxby’s program and I’m on acclimation starting at 65%. I’ve noticed my light sits a little higher than I normally see. (I got the 18” arm bent in half cause I thought I’d need the height *face palm*)

I was just wondering if, because saxbys preset is so blue and my old current marine I had set on the whiter side, will this stress my fish out? I know the corals will have to adapt and hopefully the acclimation mode will help but I’m just wondering about my fish?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It shouldn't bother the fish much, if at all. Mine never care what lights are on the tank except when i tried out a metal halide light. Thats the only light they avoided haha.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since blue penetrates more than white they might think it is a bit brighter. In our tanks they do not need perfect vision to find food or avoid being eaten. I doubt it will bother them.

OP
OP
N

Nanoclowndave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s interesting. I guess from my eyes when I see blue I think night time but it’s the opposite if the blues are turned up? I didn’t know that, thank you!

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after a pump mishap that fried my current marine orbit (R.I.P) I upgraded to an ai prime 16hd reef. I installed it 3 days ago and I am loving it, and so are my corals. I’m running Saxby’s program and I’m on acclimation starting at 65%. I’ve noticed my light sits a little higher than I normally see. (I got the 18” arm bent in half cause I thought I’d need the height *face palm*)

I was just wondering if, because saxbys preset is so blue and my old current marine I had set on the whiter side, will this stress my fish out? I know the corals will have to adapt and hopefully the acclimation mode will help but I’m just wondering about my fish?

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Glad to hear that. I have the AI Prime Hd, but due to a faulty plug wire, AI is sending me the 16HD to replace it. From what I understand, the 16HD is only controllable thru blue tooth and not wifi. Not a deal-breaker, but doesn't make any sense to me why an "upgrade" would offer less in terms of control. Your tank is really looking nice.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back