New alveopora, need advice

candelloro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just purchased this alveopora from my lfs today, it’s been in the tank for an hour now and starting to open up. It was very healthy and full at the lfs. Does it look ok to you guys? What should I feed?

9C8912CC-0D64-4728-9A8D-8529C8BDC3DD.jpeg

Willu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's probably fine considering you've only left it there for a few hours, can't expect for it to open up immediately for you. See how it looks in a few days. In terms of feeding, you don't have to feed anything, but if you want to you can feed reef roids with all flow turned off as they eat really slowly and will easily let go of the food with flow.

Tennyson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its too early to say how its doing, but the extension it has now is a good sign. It may take 3-4 days before it opens up fully.

The first 2 weeks are always the hardest. For me, this was the period when mine would catch brown jelly disease no matter how many times I dipped it. Found out it was because I wasn't running any carbon filtration. Good luck!

OP
OP
candelloro

candelloro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its too early to say how its doing, but the extension it has now is a good sign. It may take 3-4 days before it opens up fully.

The first 2 weeks are always the hardest. For me, this was the period when mine would catch brown jelly disease no matter how many times I dipped it. Found out it was because I wasn't running any carbon filtration. Good luck!
All the polyps are open right now! Just not fully extended into stalks yet

OP
OP
candelloro

candelloro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone’s looking more happy :). Can’t wait until the polyps extend their stalks
51CA5AF2-A066-4279-AEA3-49D6F0955A1B.jpeg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 136 41.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 165 49.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 31 9.3%
Back