New and wanted to say Hi

Capt_BigIron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a ten-year hiatus, I'm back at this. I previously had a 200g mixed reef, but while on vacation in the Keys, a friend who was watching the house said I had a small leak from the bulkhead drain. I asked him to check to be sure it was tight, and unfortunately, he cracked the tank, and it blew out across the living room. What could be saved was donated to local reefers. I'm starting small this time, getting the kids involved. I have a 10g nano from Innovative Marine. I still have PTSD from the loss, but excited to get back in. The tech and automation difference over the past ten years is amazing, especially the lighting—no more 250w Metal Halides with chiller for me.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a ten-year hiatus, I'm back at this. I previously had a 200g mixed reef, but while on vacation in the Keys, a friend who was watching the house said I had a small leak from the bulkhead drain. I asked him to check to be sure it was tight, and unfortunately, he cracked the tank, and it blew out across the living room. What could be saved was donated to local reefers. I'm starting small this time, getting the kids involved. I have a 10g nano from Innovative Marine. I still have PTSD from the loss, but excited to get back in. The tech and automation difference over the past ten years is amazing, especially the lighting—no more 250w Metal Halides with chiller for me.
Thats horrible about your other reef!!! Welcome back to the hobby though!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 25.0%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 26.3%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 53 23.7%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 52 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back