New anemone clown fish only tank.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Boboe77
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Boboe77

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2012
Messages
166
Reaction score
2
Location
Santa Clarita, CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I'm planning on buying a innovative marine 4 gallon tank and putting a innovative marine 8 watt LED skylight on top. I want to put a bubble tip anemone and a pair of clowns in it. I'll buy a cobalt aquatics Neo-Therm heater for it and also a JBJ ATO on it. Any tips one caring for the bubble tip anemone? Do you think this tank setup is good for a anemone and a pair of clowns? Thanks everyone!
 
Yeah...4 gallons I think will be too small also...
My one RBTA stretches to 16 inches across...
You could think about maxi mini carpets and get some sexy shrimp or a porcelain crab for it to host
or an LTA if you have previous saltwater experience as they are a harder anemone...
 
I'd say to get at least the inno 24g. If you're going to spend the $ at least get something that'll last longer than a few months. Depending on the type of clownfish you'll need something bigger than the 24g also. The bubbletip I have has tentacles 4-6 inches with a base that is only about 4 inches. Bubbletips can grow quickly and with a little more room you'll have a bigger area that the tentacles can move around without hitting a powerhead (if you add one). Do more research and make sure the tank is up and running for at least a month or 2 with fish staying alive before attempting to add the anemone. They're known for being harder to keep for a reason. GL.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new